Reviews of Waterless Cookware

This post is in regards to West Bend (Kitchencraft) waterless cookware. I saw the demo at the Boise state fair and was very impressed since I'm a P/T chef. The price was way out of my league so I bought a set of Chef Secret on eBay. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" was truly evident here. I do not care for the Chef Secret cookware at all.

It's cheaply made in China and doesn't work at all like the Westbend. Anyone out there tried Maxam or other waterless cookware for around $250-400? Please let me know if you find something out there that works well.

LA Gordon from Yellow Pine, ID

The line of cookware demonstrated at many of the home shows is called Health Craft and is very expensive.

I have a set of stainless steel waterless cookware that we bought almost 30 years ago. I have used it almost every day for all that time. It was very expensive at the time-almost $500.00 and came with 12 pieces not including the lids. I thought it was outrageous to pay that kind of price at that time but I have to say, I have NEVER had to buy another set of cookware all this time. I love the stainless steel, it cleans up easy and looks nice and it is not the cheap stainless steel that they are trying to pass off today in some of the stores. It is quality. You will not be wasting your money especially if they last for over 25 years and still look brand new.

I absolutely love my waterless cookware! What a healthy way to cook food with their own moisture. Initially, it is very expensive. But with all the sets of cookware my hubby has bought me over the years (we cook a lot) it was well worth the money. It has a lifetime guarantee. You can replace anything anytime. At one demo we attended a lady had a pan with a mark on the bottom from warming up a glass baby bottle in it from the 50's and the demonstrator gave her a form to fill out to get it replaced for free!! I will never have to buy another set of pots and pans.

I bought a set of West Bend stainless steel waterless cookware in 1968. I'm STILL happily using it (except for 1 pot that the handle fell off)! It was quite expensive at the time ($500), but I was allowed to buy it with in payments. I have been using this set since we married in 1969. That's 40 years, folks!

NO WAY would I compromise and purchase any other type of pot - I have received other types (especially chicken fryer pans with teflon, etc.) as gifts from my mom and gram and also when they passed away! I cook quite a lot, and often use almost all my pots, so my husband gave me a set of Wolfgang Puck's #18 Professional Cookware (very heavy) for Christmas last year. I am tickled with them, too!

There are only 2 things you really have to remember with

strictly plain stainless steel. 1) NEVER use high heat, and 2) always keep them well-scrubbed and food will not stick! I use "mesh-type" metal scrubbers on them and also stainless steel powder cleaner - that keeps them well maintained. If anything does stick to them, just a quick soaking in hot water will lift it right up! (By the way, I always use a non-stick cooking spray also.)

I hope this helps you out!