Handcrafted Gifts for Men

I am looking for ideas for a hand crafted gift to make for a man.

By Susan from KS

I just read this on a blog today:

http://makeitfromscratch.blogspot.c ... 09/12/handmade-gifts-for-fellas.html

and a couple of previous ThrFun threads:

Just saw this in the newspaper. Hope I can explain it.

Items: Camera, potery book, ring (band), a light

Open up the book to a poem you like.

The crease in the center is north to south.

Take the ring standing up and run it east to west in the crease.

What happens is once you play with the lighting behind the ring it will produce a heart shape shadow. You take picture, if you could do it in black and white after you have downloaded it and then put it in a frame.

December 13, 2009 Flag

I need some handcrafted gift ideas for men and boys. I've promised myself that I'll make all my gifts this year, using only items I have on hand. I have a good stock of fabrics, yarn, paints, paper, scrapbooking supplies, pinecones, ribbons, and many other goodies. It just seems that all my ideas are geared toward women and girls. What do guys like that can be handcrafted?

All ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

By zballoongirl

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

1. An afghan/throw made from some medium to heavyweight fabric, perhaps double thickness, would be a handy thing for a TV couch potato type fellow.
  2. Some big comfy throw cushions for his couch to go with that throw.
  3. Garden pail: a large plastic handled pail could be covered with an inner and outer liner (holes for the handles) with pockets on the outside. A set of tools from the dollar store could go in the pockets and inside. Denim would be a good material as you could use old jeans. If the handle is removable, the whole fabric piece could be just slipped over the top edge of the pail, allowing for handle holes. Velcro could bind the opening on the side. Easy to remove for washing.
  4. A scrapbook of himself and the people in his life.
  5. Paint, fabric, or paper cover a tin or plastic pail that has a lid. Fill it with a sealed bag of freshly homemade cookies or snacks.

I hope this helps and all the best to you.

By Anonymous

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

I made my husband a calendar, with some groovy pictures of the two of us and things he likes.

A guitar strap is fairly easy to make. (if applicable)

T-shirts hand painted with words and slogans are good.

All the best.

By Julie UK

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

I asked my husband for ideas. His reply: a big container of homemade chocolate chip cookies. (04/24/2005)

By Grandma Margie

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

I have that same problem every year.

Homemade boxers are great, cheap and easy to make. You can find a pattern at any craft store. Then check out the $1.00/yard fabric. I always use holiday fabric, (after the holiday, on clearance) its so much more fun.

A big hit this year was homemade salsa from the garden. I found a simple recipe and sealed them in ball jars. They are in high demand for this Xmas.

Happy Holiday Crafting. (04/24/2005)

By starchild

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

For boys, anything with their picture on it will make them proud. Also, a pencil holder made from a tin can would do. Men are a little harder; I'd stick with the baked goods. (04/25/2005)

By acope

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

A scarf or stocking cap if they play in the snow, maybe bright orange if they are hunters.
Carmel corn? peanut brittle? (04/25/2005)

By Wendee

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

Marbles in a jar. For some reason men never outgrow the love of marbles. They have shooters and milk glass, cats eyes, and come on guys help me out here. Place them in a jar (Mason or Mayo jar with a cute top?) and you have an instant hit. (04/25/2005)

By Sandy

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

Their very own personal sized quilt. Themed just for them, sports, hunting, or fishing. I did this a couple of years ago for my hubby, father and BI, and brother-in-law, they all loved them. I also made one for my uncle when he was very ill. He said every time he wrapped up in it, it was like getting a hug from me. (04/25/2005)

By ginann

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

Every year for Valentine's Day, my sister in law makes my brother a big heart shaped chocolate chip cookie. You can decorate it with icing. I'm sure you could also do the same with brownies. (04/30/2005)

By badwater

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

I bought a little book at Target and filled it with words that describe my boyfriend with what they mean. Each page holds a different word using lots of fun colors and lettering. (01/15/2007)

By Megan

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

A lot of men, especially if you've known them for a long time like the CD's made from homemade pictures of their life that you can play on the TV. (10/16/2007)

By WolfPrincess

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

A five-gallon bucket with a padded top, pocketed "belt" for holding tackle or tools. That makes a tackle box, ice chest, and seat. (09/28/2008)

By callipepper

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

My husband loves getting pajama pants, from crazy ones to flannel. They are really easy to make too. (11/22/2008)

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

Maybe buy a plain mug and paint some words on it such as his name or something and then fill it with homemade treats. (12/07/2008)

By Rosieee

Handcrafted Gifts for Men

Last year I did a more traditional gift. I took a jar and put little strips of paper with all the memories that we had together and gave it to him to read one every day. (02/10/2009)

By Shayla

Holidays and Parties Gifts CraftsDecember 13, 2009
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
a crochet camera
Craft Ideas for Men
A business suit with a white shirt and red tie.
Saving Money on Men's Suits
Paper Gingerbread Men
Making Paper Gingerbread Men