Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Craftsman LT 1000 Riding Mower Won't Start

Determining the reason your riding mower won't start is the first step towards making the necessary repairs. This is a guide about Craftsman LT 1000 riding mower won't start.

July 10, 2015 Flag

I just finished cutting my lawn and the mower shut off and will not restart. I turn the key and nothing happens, not even a click. I haven't any idea what to do next. Anyone out there with any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Clean the negative post and clip on your battery.

Check the seat switch and fuse

I have the same issue with my mower. Did this work? Mine is less than a year old.

March 27, 2015 Flag

I have a Craftsman LT1000 that won't turn over. I've checked the battery, it is showing 12 volts. I changed the switch and the solenoid, it made two clicks and then nothing.

By David

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out the valve Clearance, this engine have the tendency to need an adjustment from time to time.It happens to my LT 1500 with the 17.5 engine.

June 19, 2015 Flag

I have a Craftsman lt1000 lawn tractor. I was having a hard time starting it. The battery was dead sometimes so we replaced the battery and it was working great for almost 10 times of starting it. I tried starting it today and there's nothing, not even clicking. I tried jumping it and still nothing. Does anyone know what it could be or where I should start to troubleshoot it? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 16, 2015 Flag

My Craftsman lsx1000, 31 hp mower will run good, but will not start unless I turn the flywheel. What is wrong?

By Melissa from Crab Orchard, KY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 20, 2011 Flag

I have a Craftsman LT1000 and it will turn over, but never starts. It sounds like there is no compression. There is oil is in the cylinder. Could my piston rings be bad?

By jammer1 from Franklinville, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Had old lawnmower that would not start. Went to Oreillys auto and purchased start my engine under $7 dollars. Poured half in, it started and runs fine. It was a back up mower attempted to start it for the last 3 years it's a Toro so I did not want to throw it away. Main lawnmower ran with a shake so poured the other half in it, mower runs smooth. Might not work for you, but is not expensive little work (do not have to remove old gas) and cheaper than paying someone to look at first. Good luck.

Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJanuary 5, 2017
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
Craftsman LT 2000 Riding Mower Won't Start
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 11:17:07 AM on 10.0.2.108 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.