Craftsman LT 1000 Riding Mower Won't Start

Category Lawn Mowers
mower
Determining the reason your riding mower won't start is the first step towards making the necessary repairs. This is a guide about Craftsman LT 1000 riding mower won't start.

I just finished cutting my lawn and the mower shut off and will not restart. I turn the key and nothing happens, not even a click. I haven't any idea what to do next. Anyone out there with any suggestions?

Best Answer

Clean the negative post and clip on your battery.

I have the same issue with my mower. Did this work? Mine is less than a year old.

Anonymous

Check the seat switch and fuse

Anonymous

Dys4500 craftsman riding lawn mower it wont suck the gas to flow to start it

I have a Craftsmen rider Lt 1000. My problem is I charge my rider and it starts and when I shut it off I have to charge it again. I have to do this every time. What causes this?

Your alternator or voltage regulator may need replacing.

I have a Craftsman LT1000 that won't turn over. I've checked the battery, it is showing 12 volts. I changed the switch and the solenoid, it made two clicks and then nothing.

By David

Check out the valve Clearance, this engine have the tendency to need an adjustment from time to time.It happens to my LT 1500 with the 17.5 engine.

My Craftsman lsx1000, 31 hp mower will run good, but will not start unless I turn the flywheel. What is wrong?

By Melissa from Crab Orchard, KY

Sounds like the flywheel or the teeth to the started might be missing sum teeth.

I have a Craftsman LT1000 and it will turn over, but never starts. It sounds like there is no compression. There is oil is in the cylinder. Could my piston rings be bad?

By jammer1 from Franklinville, NJ

Had old lawnmower that would not start. Went to Oreillys auto and purchased start my engine under $7 dollars. Poured half in, it started and runs fine. It was a back up mower attempted to start it for the last 3 years it's a Toro so I did not want to throw it away. Main lawnmower ran with a shake so poured the other half in it, mower runs smooth. Might not work for you, but is not expensive little work (do not have to remove old gas) and cheaper than paying someone to look at first. Good luck.

I have a Craftsman lt1000 lawn tractor. I was having a hard time starting it. The battery was dead sometimes so we replaced the battery and it was working great for almost 10 times of starting it. I tried starting it today and there's nothing, not even clicking. I tried jumping it and still nothing. Does anyone know what it could be or where I should start to troubleshoot it? Thanks.