Help Organizations Start A Recycling Program

Compared to others, I am new to recycling or green living. I learn more each day. Many people say they don't have time to recycle. Help them get started by sharing the website, bottlesandcans.com. They will send out a bottles/cans recycling container to each address one time (you want to order the recycling starter kit). If you are an organization (4-H, BSA,GSA etc), you can make a label for your organization. Simply have each member have a container sent to their home.

Place them in local establishments (the break room is a great place). Then offer to pick it up once a week,many places are happy to be part of the effort.They just need a little guidance. I work at a bank and when I joined the staff, I ordered one. They had never recycled before and were amazed at the return rate. In June we used our funds to donate to the local food bank. Next, we purchased lunch and an afternoon treat for the staff. All compliments of learning to be a little green. I hope this motivates and excites others as much as it has our staff.

By Sonoradollie from Sonora, CA

Editor's Note: The website is for California residents only and they are currently out of the free kits. There is great information for beginning recyclers there, especially if you live in California.

Check locally for your own community's recycling resources.

Recycling Tips, Man Helping Children Sort Recycling
Recycling Tips
Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherSeptember 14, 2009
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus
A happy nurse giving two thumbs up.
Nurse Themed Party Ideas
🎉
🎄