Garden: Produce Year Round

We grow a huge garden each year. We end up having enough to eat through the summer, with plenty left over to can or freeze.

By cblack28 from Walton, Ky.

Mine don't seem to produce as much as they did last year. I like to save seeds of kitchen foods and plant t hem out in the garden. I love tomato plants and want to try to grow them inside this year. Love the Dog! We have 2 shepherds!

July 30, 2009 Flag

Produce Year Round
Produce Year Round
This is picture of my garden. I have fresh food all the year, even freeze some. Veggies in spring and summer, all kind of greens in winter time. It saves on grocery bill.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

Answers:

Garden: Produce Year Round

How deep is the hole where you have the garden dirt and what kind of plastic did you use to line the pit? Can you give more specific details about the garden? (11/19/2008)

By cookwie

Garden: Produce Year Round

What do you grow in the winter? (11/23/2008)

By newattitudeintn

Garden: Produce Year Round

I grow all kind of greens, turnips, mustard, lettuce, rutabagas, collards, cabbage also onions and garlic.(11/23/2008)

By kathleen

Garden: Produce Year Round

Great garden--so nice and neat! I don't think my rows ever come out that straight, no matter how hard I try; rain, birds, or something always causes the seed to spread. I just grow a summer garden and have always wanted to try a fall one. Winters just get too cold here. I freeze and can, but fresh is so much tastier. You've really made me want to drag out my seed catalogs and dream! (12/29/2008)

By susanmajp

Garden: Produce Year Round

It's as deep as the cement blocks, good luck. (06/23/2009)

By kffrmw88

Garden: Produce Year Round

Any kind of plastic will do. Bags from grocery stores and etc or several layers of news papers or magazines, good luck. (06/23/2009)

By kffrmw88

Photos GardenJuly 30, 2009
White Folder Comforter
Cleaning Comforters
A girl holding a basket full of vegetables.
Sharing Garden Produce
Growing Peonies
Growing Peonies
Ceiling Fan
Using Ceiling Fans Year Round
🎄