Keep Carpet Scraps for Traction in Snowy Conditions

In rural Ohio, getting stuck in the snow on occasion is expected so I keep several medium sized carpet scraps in my trunk. When placed under wheels, they make getting traction--and out--easy!

By Trude from Lima, Ohio

This is a great idea. Dont forget that in a pinch you can also use the floor mats from inside your car.

When I was in college, I parked in an empty lot the school had for that purpose. They'd recently razed a building from that site and it was covered in mud when spring arrived. Many students got stuck in the MUD. My dad made sure I had a carpet scrap or throw rug in my trunk so I could get out if stuck. I helped many, many kids get out of a bad situation with those rugs. It made me a popular girl. (lol)

Living in Toronto, we get some pretty good snow storms.

Thanks for the great idea. I support women who leave abusive men, so being able to get yourself out without having to rely on someone else, this is empowerment.

Thanks so much!

Another thing that works really well if you find yourself stuck in icy conditions is kitty litter .

A girl trying to drive on snow and ice.
Getting Traction When Driving on Ice
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingJanuary 23, 2008
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
🎉
🎄