Make-up Storage System

I have tons of make-up and samples that I just get for buying a lipstick at the dept store and I can't part with all this new make-up, even though I don't wear a lot of it. After getting a new job recently and wanting to look good in the morning, I am using some of it, but it takes me a half hour to find what I need, (i.e., the right moisturizer, the eyeliner, the blush, the mascara, the body lotion, the ped egg, the eyebrow brush, the lipliner, etc. and I do like to change colors.

So after searching high and low on the internet for an organizer that I can keep right on my desk (and not tipped over and spilling out in the fifty million free cosmetics bags they give you with the samples), I went to Home Depot and bought a good size wall mounting organizer with clear drawers and large trays.

I can't wait to start separating my brushes, hair products, etc. in it and to have it all in one place. I only hope it does not look obnoxious in my office. But then again, I can be creative with paint and marker pens and make it look pretty instead of the gray color that it. I'll let you know how it works out. The girls at the checkout thought it was a fantastic idea. If I didn't find this, I was really going to build myself one.

By gingthegardener from New York, NY

What a great idea. When you get it finished come back with a picture for us.

Fantastic idea! Thanks! You just answered my prayers. Like you, I have way too much makeup and can't seem to find a good way to store it where I can actually see it and therefore use it. Do you happen to know the name and brand of the organizer you purchased at Home Depot? I'd love to pick one up myself.

By the way, I can so relate to your excitement about separating everything and organizing your stuff. Isn't it fun being a girl. :o) Also, I would love to see a picture once you're finished.

Thanks again for the great idea!

Tammy*

I'm going to Home Depot. I love that place. What a terrifically cool idea!

Darlene

St. Louis, MO :*)

I have an idea for all you ladies with too much makeup you know you won't wear. Donate it. Your local social services office and/or oncology specialists will probably be more than happy to steer you in a good direction. Information and Referral (I believe the 411 service is nationwide) is another resource. Better to share what you don't wear!

Great idea but I don't like anything out in full view of guests or even clutter on my bathroom counters. Since I put on makeup in my bathroom, I took a basket and filled it with all my daily makeup essentials, top it off with hairbrushes for blowdrying and store it under the bathroom sink.

I pulled it out in the morning and return it when I'm done and it's all in one place and clutter free! Love it!

This is a great idea! I used this as a way to organize kinda with my small personal items. I had this kind made of basket material with small dividers. I mounted it to my wall. It ended up tearing thou. So I have to find another thing similar I can put on my bathroom wall again.

Awesome idea! I can identify with the whole too much make up, how do I store it? Something that I have found works great for drawers are cutlery trays/organizers!i use them for eye shadow, eye lines, lip stick, brushes, pretty much anything! They work great for separating colors or types! And best of all buy them at garage sales or thrift stores for under a dollar!

Organizing Your Makeup, Makeup that needs to be organized.
Organizing Your Makeup
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up TipsNovember 9, 2010
Drip Irrigation System Watering Flowers
Installing a Drip Irrigation System
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🎄
🍂