Repairing Vinyl "Wood" Flooring

I have "timber look" vinyl tiles on my floor and they scratch very easily. Can anyone suggest how these scratches could be removed?

By Kit from Sydney, Australia

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

June 3, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know a way that I can repair a small area of my "wood" vinyl flooring. Recently I had some furniture moved around and, accidentally, the was a rather significant scratch put on the floor. Thank you!

Answers:

Repairing to Vinyl "Wood" Flooring

Not sure how this will work on vinyl, but I have covered a scratch by rubbing it with a walnut. Rub the scratch with the meat of the walnut (not the shell). (06/15/2004)

Wood Floor Scratches

What has worked well for me is to find a stain that matches the finish pretty well. Or find some touch up at the hardware store. I can't remember what it is called, but if you ask them they will probably have some ideas. I just apply the stain with a Q-tip or dab it in the scratch with a rag. Then wipe up the excess. I let it dry and do it again if it is still really noticeable. It limits the contrast between the floor and the scratch and you hardly notice it anymore. (06/16/2004)

By Anne H.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Vinyl Flooring
Repairing Vinyl Flooring
Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsJune 3, 2010
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:18:06 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.