Crockpot Ziti Bake

This recipe is really good and I have done this in my crock pot. Which makes it nice for summer as then you do not have to turn the oven on.

• 1 lb. Ziti Macaroni
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 2 15 oz jars or 1 29 oz jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 8 oz package mozzarella cheese, shredded

Sprinkle in or chop as much fresh parsley as you want.

Cook your macaroni in a large stockpot and your meat in the skillet until done (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Drain macaroni and set aside, add beef to macaroni pan with heat off. Add ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, egg, (salt and pepper also if used) and half of spaghetti sauce until well mixed. Add macaroni, mix until well coated. Add to crockpot and top with rest of spaghetti sauce. I cooked it for 10 hours on low. I had everything ready the night before so I threw it all in the crock pot. I added the mozzarella cheese on top about a half an hour before dinner.

Oven Directions

If using oven, set for 350 degrees F about 1 hour before dinner. Add mixture to a 13x9-inch baking pan and pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top evenly and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.

By Darlene from Fairview, PA

This sounds great - like a simple version of lasagna. I'm going to try it soon - maybe next weekend when the family will all be here for a visit.

Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotJune 27, 2008
Vegetable Soup
Crockpot Vegetable Soup Recipes
Slow Cooker Crockpot Bread Pudding
Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Bread Pudding Recipes
crockpot pulled pork
Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes