Father's Day Gift Idea - I'm Nuts About You

Here's an easy and inexpensive gift for Father's Day.

• an empty peanut butter jar
  • white construction paper or cardstock
  • ribbon
  • address labels (for the lid)
  • stickers
  • Ad
  • marker
  • hot glue gun and glue
  • unshelled peanuts (5 oz.)

Directions:

1. Start by cutting the white paper or cardstock to fit the size you want on the front. Make it big enough to cover where the glue for the label was.
  2. Write "I'M NUTS ABOUT YOU!" on the cardstock and put stickers on each corner. I used red star stickers.
  3. Hot glue the cardstock on the front of your jar making sure you are covering up the glue. This works a lot better than using Goo Gone and it's cheaper.
  4. Then fill your jar with unshelled peanuts. Tie the ribbon around the top of the lid and stick on the address label on the top of the lid where it says "JIF". I wrote #1 DAD on my label, but the kids could write anything.

These jars could be used for anyone and for any occasion. We are going to be making these in church for Father's Day and some of the kids don't have dads so they can make a jar for a grandpap or uncle, whoever they want to. Some may even give them to their moms. Father's Day is hard for some of the kids, but I remind them that we all have a Father in heaven that loves us.

By Luv2craft from Normalville, PA

That was a great idea to not have the craft specifically for fathers. This gives the other children who don't have fathers a chance to participate . Very cute idea.

Homemade Father's Day Gifts, A child holding a homemade card that says "I love Daddy".
Homemade Father's Day Gifts
Holidays and Parties Father's Day CraftsJune 14, 2006
A kit of stationery and supplies for Father's Day.
Making Personalized Stationery for Dad
A mug made for dad on Father's Day.
Father's Day Crafts for Kids
Girl with Homemade Father's Day Card
Homemade Father's Day Cards
Gift wrapped for Father's Day.
Father's Day Gift Ideas
🎉
🎄