Rolling Towels for Storage

In my airing/linen cupboard I like to roll up my towels into little sausages! Fold them in half and then again, then roll them up and stack on top of each other. This makes finding a towel very easy and your cupboard tends to stay neat. Also, I keep my spare bars of soap in between them. Dry soap lasts longer, keeps moths away, and smells nice!

Source: The towels was an idea in a magazine. The soap was mine.

By Monique from Somerset, UK

great tip, especially about the soap in between. I imagine that the soap also keeps them smelling nicely as well. I keep my towels in a chest as my flat has no closets which is common where I live. I will try this very soon. Thanks for sharing this tip.

I have a friend who rolls hers (and displays them in the corner of her guest bathroom) in a pretty wicker basket. The basket is shaped like the metal hod you use to carry firewood. I love it, but I have a TINY bathroom w/ absolutely no spare room!

I have done this with the towels in my guest bathroom & it works great!

HI, ROLLING UP TOWELS FOR MORE ROOM IS A GOOD IDEA, CAN I USE THAT IDEA BECAUSE I'V GOT A SMALL CUPBOARD

IF I CAN USE THAT IDEA PLEASE SEND ME A LITTLE LETTER

BYE

FROM

TAY-TAY

I used to keep my washcloths rolled up in a little wood cheese box from one of the specialty catalogs.

I use this same idea for the clothing in my drawers and when packing for a trip, it is the best way to store a bunch of clothes into a small space!

-Aeowyn

To doodles: Unless your bathroom doesn't have a good ventilation which would cause concern about rust, get one of those metal hanging basket sets like you can use in a kitchen for onions, etc. for the towels. It's not the best idea for the body towels, but it works just fine for the hand towels and the washcloths just like your friend's baskets. This can help you save space to put other things. And, if you like to be creative and you're not into the shiny metal look, you can paint them, dress them up with ribbon, cover the outside with fabric (great project for remnants), trim the chain with fake ivy or whatever your heart desires.

You can also make your own hanging baskets with just a little patience, some ornamental chain/twine/what-have-you and a basic celing hook using baskets with handles, attaching them to each other in the same fashion via the handles.

Often the best place to put them if you don't have an over the tank storage unit is above the toilet since that floor footprint is already taken up. If you place it near the corner, it doesn't make the room seem much more cramped. If you have a dropped ceiling in your bathroom (we used to in one apartment), they have hooks you can buy that attach to the supports if you want something fancier than a coat hanger wire variation.

Organizing Towels
Organizing Towels
Organizing LinensJuly 8, 2008
Crochet Rug
Keeping a Crochet Project from Rolling Up
Wind Yarn with a Hand Mixer
Rolling Up Leftover Yarn
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎄
🍂