Treating Dog With a Yeast Infection

My little Maltese cross has had a reoccurring ear infection for a few months now. The drops and wash given by the vet were not effective. I have been researching the use of diluted white vinegar, vaginal cream, and diluted apple cider, as well as, changing her food to a natural one. Her vet says she now needs an operation to open the ear canal. That freaks me out. Surely in this day and age I can use something that will help her other than an operation to cut her ears.

By Deb

Best Answer

I found this to be a very helpful site in understanding the problem of yeast infections in dogs.....

http://www.grea … _mini_course.htm

Also earthclinic.com has a pet section. I see that a lot of the time it is an allergy to grains and such. Never give brewers yeast for fleas.

Blessings, Robyn

Best Answer

Here's the recipe I use for my cocker spaniels and they are ear infection clear and have no problems because I used this recipe from the time they belonged to us and especially after their baths are given as it helps dry up any water that might get into their ears and preventing an infection. On my older pets now deceased, I didn't know about this and was always buying medicine from the vet that didn't really work that well. I did apply Zymox w cortizone for pet's ears and that product was better. BUT, it's still not as good as Blue Power Ear Wash.

http://www.show … powerearwash.htm