Water Not Running In My Dishwasher - Categories:

DishwasherAppliances

Water Not Running In My Dishwasher

My dishwasher doesn't work. It still sounds like it's working, but despite turning the tap, no water comes through. I thought maybe the pipe was clogged, but didn't want to pay for a plumber if it's easily fixable myself. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it themselves, or can offer any suggestions?

Cathy from Townsville, Australia

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

i had the same problem (i have a portable, dont know if that makes a difference.) but i pulled the sprayer arms out and cleaned them out really good. somehow i had gotten plastic in mine and the arms were so clogged they quit spraying. i soaked the whole thing in vinegar and water for several days just in case anything else was clogged with deposits or something. i also had the same problem when something got lodged under the water level indicater in the bottom. there is a cap in the front corner of the machine you might want to check under. (i had a baby bottle cap wedged under it)

We had a similiar problem and had to call a plumber, who informed us that our pump had stopped working. Hope this is helpful.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances DishwasherMarch 14, 2006
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 10:19:01 PM on 10.0.2.187 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.