What is This Flower? (Lantana)

Can anyone tell me what is the name of this flower? When I bought it last week it was still blooming, but now it's dying. Any tips for growing them will be very much appreciated.

Hardiness Zone: 11

chphoea from Surabaya,Indonesia

Best Answer

Looks like Lantana. Lantana needs to dry out between waterings. Overwatering is usually what kills it.

Best Answer

My guess is that it's a primrose variety -- cowslip maybe? They can't take heat. From your zone, it's probably too warm for the little guy. But isn't it pretty?

Best Answer

This is not a lantana. See http://www.floridata.com/ref/L/lant_c.cfm

I cannot identify it without knowing the size of the flower and the leaves and if it is a shrub or plant. If you will tell me what you know, I will try to locate the name. Lantana is a shurb and the stems are very brittle. I have purple, white and yellow orange in my yard. It is a very drought resistant plant but usually spread out and does not grow upward.

Best Answer

Here's another picture of the plant, the seeds and leaves. Most people plant them as borders on sidewalks since they're only about 20 cm height. I have stopped watering them for days and I think they're doing pretty well. Btw, the leaves have a strong spicy scent and we only have 2 colors for the flowers, white and yellow.

Looks like Lantana to me as well. If you put it outdoors in the summer it will spread a lot. Beautiful. I agree with letting it dry a bit between waterings.

The head looks more waxy than Lantana could be one of the Hoyas.

It kind of looks like a Kalanchoe plant. Here are a couple links to what I found:

this link shows the plant in white,

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/hgic1563.htm

this link shows many different colors,

http://highaltitudegardening.blogsp ... 008/03/indoor-garden-kalanchoes.html

No wonder my lantana is not flowering. I'm drowning them! Thanks a lot for the info: ''Lantana needs to dry out between waterings. Overwatering is usually what kills it.''

Take care and happy gardening.

Rufus hummingbird and lantana
Growing Lantana
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersFebruary 13, 2008
Beautiful Flower Beds
Finding Free Flower Seeds
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Flower Garden
Planting a Flower Garden
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
🎄
🍂