Easy Crochet Chain Stitch

This is about crocheting a loose and easily decorated chain stitch: If you have trouble making your beginning chain loose and stretchy enough, switch to a hook at least one up to three sizes larger than the hook you need for your pattern. This will make your chaining row looser, and when you start with the correct hook, you will have no choice, but to follow the looseness of the beginning chain.

Also in starting the second row of your crocheting pattern (mostly for items such as afghans or scarves that will get a decorative edge), turn and crochet into the back loop of the stitch, that way the top and bottom edge of the crocheted project will be exactly the same, with the top of the stitch as the edge to add decoration to.

Source: teaching crochet

By AnniesArtifacting from Reading, PA

Thank you! I am learning to crochet and I am having problems. My mom tried to help me but she is left handed and I am right handed. I think this will help me.

Crochet a Chain Stitch
How to Crochet a Chain Stitch
Crafts CrochetJanuary 4, 2011
Filet Crochet Heart
Filet Crochet Heart Pattern
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet