Clothes Wrinkled After Washing and Line Drying

Why are my clothes wrinkled after washing? I use homemade laundry soap, use vinegar during rinse, shake my clothes before placing them on clothes line; but still wrinkled.

G from from AZ

This may be too simple of a suggestion, but if there is no breeze on the day you hang them out, they'll stay wrinkled and sometimes stiffer.

Maybe you could try using the slowest spin speed on your washer. This way it doesn't press the clothes too tightly together when spinning. It may take a little longer to dry them but I don't think they will be as wrinkled. Also, I'm sure you probably do this but shake each item before hanging on the line. Hope this helps.

Linen & cotton tend to hold wrinkles. Aside from shaking my laundry, I also rub (smooth) the wrinkles out with my hands while wet & you'd be surprised how this helps. Also give them another good shaking after they are dry.

I use fabric softener & everything, but if it isn't windy the stuff is still wrinkled after drying.

I dry clothes on an inside rack, they come out wrinkled, when they dry I put them on fluff cycle in the dryer for a few minutes, this does they trick and its almost as though they were dried from the start in the dryer.

If you clothes line is high enough, try clothespinning a heavier piece of clothing to the bottom of a lighter piece ie. a pair of jeans to the bottom of a cotton T-shirt. This should help pull down on the tee and get rid of some of the wrinkles. Helps stretch them back out after a wash as well.

The more cotton you have in your clothes, the more wrinkled there will be. I don't like using the dryer for more than I have to. When left to dry naturally, they are softer, smell better and last longer. BUT, the wrinkles! What I do is put everything in the dryer for about 10-15 mins and then immediately hang up.

I shake them out and straighten the collars and what not. Then hang around the house or outside in the shade. I have done this for over 30 yrs. I hate to iron clothes, when I was a kid, it was my JOB to iron the family' clothes, so I really HATE it. If things need ironing, they don't get worn again. This way of doing it, works really well.

Also, if something like rayon or whatever comes out really wrinkled from the last spin in the washer & it's advisable not to iron it at all, i put it thru the normal wash (with luke warm water) and on the last rinse, I don't let it do the final spin. I take it out of the washer dripping wet, hang up and smooth out the material and over the next couple of hrs, I keep straightening it, till the front and back of the garment doesn't stick together.

This is a whole new world of changes. It seems there should be a better way to unwrinkle,crease,pleat,etc... than the "CAVE DAYS" of ironing on boards. I will take collored shirts still damp out of dryer & button every other button,on a flat surface,straighten the button line,bend the collor for it's style,hang on a rod,& hand press sleeves & cuffs. It takes less time do this than it did to type this!! Still,there's got to be an easier way.

I hang all shirts on plastic hangers immediately from the washer and hang the hangers on my clothesline with a pin on both sides of the hanger. This cuts down on the wrinkles.

If there is no breeze ouside, your clothes will probably be more wrinkled. If you notice, a nice breezy day causes less wrinkles.

Spray clothes with water and pull on the clothing to straighten out the wrinkles.

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Line Drying Clothing Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 21, 2006
Drying Clothes Inside
Line Drying Clothes Inside
Front of a wrinkled shirt.
Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Installing a Breezecatcher Rotary Clothesline
🎉
🎄