CD Scratch Removal

Does anybody know some good ways of removing scratches from CD's?

Thanks,

Steven S.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have used turtle wax. The best is white toothpaste. rub from center out, with a coffee filter. the professionals have told me , as long as the scratch doesn't go all the way to the other side, so that you can see through it, it can be fixed. so far this is true.. clean with alcohol on tissue paper. has saved many a cd for me that nothing else could help.

CD Repair Kits are available at Wal-Mart and work really well. I had a cd that got paper accidently stuck to the side you play. After removing all of the paper it was very scratched. The kit has evereything you ned to fix the cd and is under $10.00. It is in the section where they sell cd's.

Check your local video game store (like GameStop or EB Games) for a device that shaves a tiny tiny bit of the cd, just enough to remove the scratch. Off the top of my head I can't think of the name, Disc Doctor. or something, but they'll know exactly what I'm talking about when you ask them.

I've heard people use peanut butter...?

i dont know about that toothpaste thing it kind of scatched my cd even worse

I've repaired cd media for 4 years w/ a commercial resurfacing machine. As long as you have not scratched the label side then i can repair your cd to a new finish. My prices vary from 2-3 dollars depending on quantity. If you send me one cd or dvd or game I will resurface the first one for free as long as you send me the return postage. You can e-mail me at hlloyd@ev1.net

Confirmed-

Only some toothpastes work. Primarily bakingsoda toothpaste with very few additives.

The best home solution is Brasso Metal Polish

I'd give 4 out of 5 stars on its effecitveness. I definitly recommend Brasso Metal Polish.

i would say use hairspray i have been using that trick for years and it always works spray it on the cd let stand for a min rub curcular and wipe off always 100 percent works

I just tried the "white toothpaste with coffee filter..." yada... I recommend it. Saved my Pink Floyd cd. Rock on.

put peanut butter on a cd and rub off with a coffee filter.

Editor's Note: I'm not sure about this one. You certainly would want to use creamy and not crunchy peanut butter.

"i dont know about that toothpaste thing it kind of scatched my cd even worse"

I have a game, Halo 2, that has a scratched disc and tried the toothpaste as well. It also looks more scratched, but it works better than it did before.

I've always heard that cigarette ashes wiped off with a coffee filter or burp rag works well

yes toothpast does workwith the baking soda in it should not clean in circular motion but in straight lines

you can also use brasso

Hey guys, go here and ask here, I think it can help u guys!! = http://windowsxptips.8.forumer.com

I tried the tooth paste which sanded down the deep scratch ( note: use the toothpaste in moderation it barely takes a dab). Toothpaste creates alot of small scratches though to take care of them I put a extremly light glaze of conditioner over the area.

Before attempting to remove a scratch from a cd practice 1st on a junk CD. Perhaps a free sample CD from AOL. Be sure to try and recreate the scratch you are trying to remove.

Ok, The Disk Doctor (I Have One) Does Shave off The Layer, But Not In The Way You Might Be Thinking, It's Like A Microscopic Sandpaper, When You Sand A Table, It Becomes Smooth Again Right?

And Toothpaste Will Work, BUT THERE ARE VERY IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS YOU MUST!!!! MUST!!!!!! FOLLOW!!! IM EXTREMELY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!! more information from my forum... http://freewebs.9.forumer.com/

Biscuits made from scratch.
Making Biscuits From Scratch
Tree trimmer up in a tree, cutting it down.
Saving Money on Tree Removal
Woman Wearing Eyeglasses
Making Eyeglasses Scratch Resistant
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:48:20 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.