DMV Regulations in Arizona

Does anybody know the procedure to register an out of state vehicle in Arizona? If anybody can help with good car insurance companies that will be helpful. Also, would I just have to bring my New Jersey state license to the DMV in Arizona and have them just replace it with an AZ license? Or would I have to take the tests again? If anybody knows these procedures that would be great. This way I could get ready for my move.

By azchik from New Jersey

My husband and I moved out to Tucson, AZ back in 1995 since we were planning on retiring out there. The weather was terribly hot, and we couldn't adjust so we moved back to NYS in a 3 month period.

In New York State the registration is based on the weight of the vehicle, while in AZ the registration fee is based on the value of your car. Do a search on Google and contact the DMV in Arizona regarding registration and licenses. They will be able to give you all the answers you are looking for.

Also from personal experience vehicle theft is extremely high in AZ. The people who live in Mexico think nothing of stealing your vehicle in AZ and driving it over the Mexican border and there is nothing you can do about it.

Just go to www.azdot.gov for info on drivers licenses and other things like that. Sure AZ is hotter than, but most of us have AC, and the swamp coolers work most of the season-even helping some during the monsoon. The heat does seem to drag on-enough is enough, but the area has a striking beauty all its' own that is worth giving the place a chance. Visit the "tourist" places while you are here, learn something of the history, and be sure you enjoy a sunset. Yes the summer season is very hot, but this mountain girl from Montana has found beauty and wonderful people here.

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceJuly 19, 2009
Petrified Forest (Flagstaff, Arizona)
Petrified Forest (Flagstaff, Arizona) Frugal Travel Guide
Woman Renewing a Driver's License
Renewing a Driver's License
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Arizona Christmas Charities
Old Oil Lamp
Disposing of Lamp Oil Properly
🎉
🎄