Making Wedding Invitations With Free Fonts

You can make your own wedding invitations look stunning (just as stunning as some letterpress stationery) by using carefully selected fonts and dingbat illustrations.

Dingbats are like fonts, you just download them like fonts and then type. The illustrations just appear like letters and best of all is that you can pick up loads of different types of illustrations for free. A search for 'free dingbats' will uncover loads of illustrations.

You'll find borders, frames, animals, snowflakes, motifs, ornamental decorations, plants, flowers, the list goes on! All are perfect for your wedding invitations.

So all you need to do is set up the layout in Word and use a little dingbat as a monogram or part of your design and you'll have stunning homemade wedding invitations that you can print out for next to nothing on your home printer.

Also check lots of other dingbat fonts at http://tools.khrido.com/webtools/fonts-collection.aspx

I did this for mine. I used to design invitations professionally and I had a lot of leftover supplies. So not only did I do the invites, but the programs, menu cards, table numbers cards, place cards, etc. I picked a couple of signature fonts and created a prominent monogram and printed using my home printer. It's not the slickest printing method, but it's really not noticeable in light of the design and they look better than the invites we're getting in the mail from friends.

Google free fonts and have fun. =) Also try playing with ornate swirls or other black and white images. I converted mine to blue and purple (our colors) using Photoshop and ended up with some really nice ornate papers. And for the finishing touch, print an envelope liner or cut one from scrap booking paper for yourself!

Homemade wedding invitation.
Homemade Wedding Invitations
Weddings InvitationsOctober 8, 2008
Designing Wedding Invitations
Designing Your Own Wedding Invitations
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄