OdorsCleaning

Eliminating Pet Odor

I have two dogs, and I really dislike the "dog" smell. What products should I use?

By Ang from Chicago, IL

August 11, 2010 Flag

We've recently decided to put our house on the market and have had a few comments about people being able to smell the cats when they walk into our home. Any ideas on how to curtail that odor while our house is on the market and our cats are here? The cats have not peed anywhere, but you can just smell that pet odor in the house.

By mommy123 from MN

Answers:

Eliminating Pet Odor

1. If you don't have covered litter boxes, get some. The cover contains a lot of the odor.
  2. Do you use the clumping litter? If not, start now and scoop the boxes every day.
  3. Keep the litter boxes super clean. I've noticed that my cats seem to aim their pee at the back of the box. Wiping that area of the box each time I scoop seems to help a lot.

4. Get some Odo-Ban (Sam's Club and Wal Mart both sell it). Spray everything in the house, carpets, furniture, beds, curtains, etc.
  5. I also bought one of those automatic air fresheners, the ones that spray a little fragrance every few minutes. I put it right next to the litter boxes.

6. Home Depot sells an air freshener spray that is designed for smokers, but I still use it even though I quit smoking. It's called Zep Smoke Odor Eliminator. (When I sold my house, I had been smoking in it for 16 years and the lady that bought the house had no idea that I smoked!)
Good luck! (09/30/2009)

By Southern Saver

Eliminating Pet Odor

Febreze works great. It even got rid of skunk odor when one sprayed just outside an open window. It took three applications, but it did the job. Set the pan outside just before the people come and maybe set a dish of warm vanilla where it was to help absorb the odor. (10/03/2009)

By takelababy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 29, 2009 Flag

How do I eliminate pet odor?

Ben

Answers:

Eliminating Pet Odor

You can sprinkle the pet with baking soda, rub it in, then leave it on for a few minutes and then brush/comb. Works great for carpets (home and car), rugs, mattresses, pet beds, and stuffed pet toys. Leave on for at least 30 minutes and then vacuum. For pet toys you can just beat out the baking soda (with a wooden spoon for example). (04/30/2008)

Eliminating Pet Odor

Our Dollar Tree Store has an excellent pet odor remover that works miracles. Vinegar works too, but I really think the stuff at the Dollar Tree is amazing. (05/02/2008)

By Patti

Eliminating Pet Odor

I use Odoban. It smells nice and kills germs. Gary D. (05/02/2008)

By Gary D.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 11, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
A beautiful yard.
Solutions for a Sour Smelling Yard
Eliminating Food Waste
Eliminating Food Waste at Home
Odor Eliminator
Odor Eliminator Product Reviews
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 8:08:45 AM on 10.0.0.19 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.