Unsticking Bowls and Glasses

Stuck bowls or glasses? No Problem! Forget WD 40, and ice and hot water. Try this: non-stick cooking spray around the stuck rim, wait 10 seconds, tap lightly with a wooden spoon upside down. And, Voila! Unstuck with non-stick.

By manofewords from San Francisco, CA

I tried everthing. Ice in top bowl, placed bowls warm water so the bottom bowl sat in warm water... did not work. Used warm soapy water, then used cold soapy water, then just liquid soap... did not work. Read your article to use cooking spray; wait then tap with a woodrn spoon and woohoo it worked. Thanks for your advise.

I had a cereal bowl stuck in my 9" glass Corningware (French White) dish. These are the steps I followed:

1. Put on the kettle and boiled the water until I heard the whistle.

2. Immediately poured the hot water into a large bowl (this bowl was large enough to fit the Corningware dish.

3. Placed the Corningware into the hot water. I left it there for about 3 minutes.

4. Take the Corningware out of the hot water and spray a non-stick spray between the bowl and the Corningware.

5. Place the Corningware back into the water for another 3 minutes.

6. Take the Corningware out of the hot water and then wiggle the container (This may take a moment) until it gets loose.

All this took me about 20 minute from start to finish. Hope it works for you too.

Top Comment

I tried the cooking spray first and that worked with the ice, warm water and wooden spoon tapping the edge.

Thank you!

Anonymous

Did not help at all

Didn't work for me!

I tried pam combined with the ice/hot water. Didn't work. Placed dishes on floor to take out to recycle. The outer did exploded, sending glass everywhere. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

It worked beautifully! Thank you very much

Thank you so much, I had two glass bowl that I couldn't get apart. I tried ice, heat, ice and heat, windex, soap to no avail! Then tried the cooking spray and turning upside down and tapping with wooden spoon- IT WORKED!!! Thank you for your post, I was just about ready to throw the bowls away!!!

It worked perfect. Just the cooking spray, let rest for 10 seconds then upside down and tal with your wooden spoons. It sue beats Ll that hot water and ice.

Oil cooking spray and wooden spoon worked! Tried the ice and hot water and that did not work!

Thank you manofewords it worked great! Connie from Sa cramento

Kudos!!!!! It worked like a charm!!! Thank you so much--you saved me making a long trip in France to replace the cup I had bought there.