Unsticking Bowls and Glasses

Stuck bowls or glasses? No Problem! Forget WD 40, and ice and hot water. Try this: non-stick cooking spray around the stuck rim, wait 10 seconds, tap lightly with a wooden spoon upside down. And, Voila! Unstuck with non-stick.

By manofewords from San Francisco, CA

I tried everthing. Ice in top bowl, placed bowls warm water so the bottom bowl sat in warm water... did not work. Used warm soapy water, then used cold soapy water, then just liquid soap... did not work. Read your article to use cooking spray; wait then tap with a woodrn spoon and woohoo it worked. Thanks for your advise.

I had a cereal bowl stuck in my 9" glass Corningware (French White) dish. These are the steps I followed:

1. Put on the kettle and boiled the water until I heard the whistle.

2. Immediately poured the hot water into a large bowl (this bowl was large enough to fit the Corningware dish.

3. Placed the Corningware into the hot water. I left it there for about 3 minutes.

4. Take the Corningware out of the hot water and spray a non-stick spray between the bowl and the Corningware.

5. Place the Corningware back into the water for another 3 minutes.

6. Take the Corningware out of the hot water and then wiggle the container (This may take a moment) until it gets loose.

All this took me about 20 minute from start to finish. Hope it works for you too.

Stack of Glass Dishes
Unsticking Glass Dishes
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousApril 29, 2010
Waffle Bowls
Purchasing Ready Made Waffle Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Bean Soup in Bread Bowl
Using Bread Bowls
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls