I have tired soaking in dishwater, bleach, and dishwasher detergent. I have wedged it open and put it through the dishwasher. Nothing helps.
By Marnie L.
Maybe vinegar will do the trick its an odor eater for rooms and laundry. You may be able to soak it in vinegar, I do know when you mix apple vinegar and baking soda it causes a chemical reaction and foams maybe it will get in the crevasses and eat away the film causing odor. It will eat hair and unclog drains my mom also uses salt and lemon juice to do some cleaning like the garbage disposal try that as well.
Another good option would be a denture cleanser tablet. Totally safe since it's a product for dentures and used in the mouth. Will bubble up a lot of yucky stuff.
Have you tried submersing it in hydrogen peroxide for a good, long time? The advantage of hydrogen peroxide is that, in small quantities it is not toxic to people but it can really clean things quite well. So, if there is a trace amount left, you are not going to poison anyone. And works best when it is cold or in room temperature. That would be an important factor when you are dealing with a plastic object to clean. Good luck!
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.