Remedy for Pimples and Oily Skin

I am just 15 years old, but my face is full of pimples and my skin is oily. Please suggest something to get rid of the pimples and oily skin.

By Saija

Oh honey, I do feel for you. There's just nothing worse than acne for a teenager. My son is 13 and is just going through it. We found a product made by Neutragena (sp). It comes in an orange tube and works really well. It's not real expensive, about 4 dollars a tube. You can also try the ProActive. I've heard it's really good. They advertise a lot on TV. When I was young they made a product called 10-0-6 and it got rid of oily skin really well. You may try to find that like at Walmart or target. I hope this info helps. Good luck to you.

I am 45 and I get pimples every time I eat too much sugar. I bet diet is a very important factor in getting rid of acne. I suggest you do a search on the internet. has a great article on the subject.

I use Witch Hazel on my skin and it works great. Witch Hazel is the main ingredient in Pro-active, but you can buy it at a dollar store for a lot less. While you're there, buy a package of "cotton rounds". Wash your face in the morning and evening, and after it's dry, pour some witch hazel on a cotton round and apply it to your face. I also agree with Luluturull about limiting the sugar you eat.

Watch your nutrition and start using benzoyl peroxide type cleaner on your face.

Try cleaning before bed with cotton swabs and white vinegar. I'm 47 and have always had acne. It will sting anywhere there is an open zit. I've been using for about 6 weeks now and my skin is calm and clear for the first time ever. It seems to take the red out of them too. Just try it on one spot first to see how it does. I work in a very dirty work place so I clean every night before bed. Don't get it in your eyes! It is also very cheap. Good luck!

When I was young there was this girl that had literally beautiful skin. Of course everyone with acne and pimples asked her what she used and she said the doctor told her to wash her face 3 times a day, for 3 minutes each time with soap, and rinse thoroughly for 3 minutes. My grandson has developed acne, not the worse case, but bad for a teenage person wanting to look their best. So I told him what the Dr. had told this young woman and he has tried it and it is clearing his face up. It has now been about two weeks and you can barely see any bumps at all.

Closeup of Facial Pores and Oily Skin
Remedies for Oily Skin
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJune 30, 2011
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants