Give Containers for Leftovers During the Holidays

Every year for the Holidays, my family gatherings produce an abundance of great food. The problem is there are a lot of leftovers, and not enough mouths in the home we gathered at, to eat them. So for the past few years I have brought my own frugal gift to each of my relatives. My kids and I decorate used plastic food containers and give them as gifts, to be used, to take home leftovers in. They are empty when received (sometimes I tuck in a good recent pic of the kids) and full of leftovers when they leave! The food doesn't go to waste and the hostess doesn't lose her good plastic bowls.

Source: I learned this tip from my Aunt Jeannie, as all she wanted for Christmas one year was a bag of used plastic bowls!

By Dede from Macon, MO

This is really good. I've thought about the food containers, but hadn't made the connection with holiday meals. I will use this tip.

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversDecember 19, 2008
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
🎄
🍂