Making Homemade Chicken Gravy

How to cook gravy, as in chicken gravy, without grease or oil. Brown flour in skillet, add seasoning or bouillon cubes. Add enough water to make it thin as you like, let simmer about 1 minute. Tastes very good.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

I keep canned chicken & beef stock on hand. Then when I need gravy, I use 2 cans or about 16-32 oz. Put it in the pan & cook down, by boiling till it's about 3/4the beginning amount. While I'm waiting, I take about 4oz water & mix the right amount of corn starch with it & when the stock is the right amount, I mix the cornstarch/water mix to make gravy. Stirring all the time, it makes great gravy.

Plate of food covered in gravy.
Gravy Making Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 17, 2008
Homemade Gravy
Thickening Homemade Gravy
Photo of brown gravy on a turkey sandwich.
Homemade Brown Gravy Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume