Making Bread Pudding

I use leftover donuts, cinnamon rolls, baked goods when I make bread pudding.

Use your favorite bread pudding recipe and substitute the above for the bread it calls for. If the rolls have a lot of frosting on them, cut back a little on the sugar.

I don't have an exact recipe, and I don't measure, but this is about what I did in today's batch:

Use a large casserole dish. Put in 3 eggs, about a cup of milk, a tablespoon of honey, a shake of salt, a couple shakes of cinnamon, and a tablespoon of vanilla. Mix it all together. Break up a large cinnamon roll into bite size pieces and add to the mixture. Stir in a handful of raisins. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir, then microwave on high for another 5 minutes.

By Coleen from Alaska

do you use enough bread etc. to soak up all the milk ? or is it still runny when you put it in the microwave?

sounds so good, can't wait till i try it ! but i want to get it right.

i hate using the oven, so this will be good, if I can get it down right !

Shirley in Ohio

rosser @ (remove spaces)

Shirley, when I put it in the microwave, there is still liquid surrounding the bread pieces. I wouldn't say they are swimming in the milk, but it is kind of soupy. The bread absorbs the liquid as it cooks. Also, the eggs thicken it, like a custard. If the rolls or whatever are particularly dry, I let them soak in the milk mixture for 10 minutes or so, before nuking it.

I have a high powered microwave at home -- 1300 watts, I think. When I make this in the small microwave in our camper, I have to cook it about twice as long. So, depending on your microwave, adjust accordingly.

I hope it turns out well for you!

Bread for Bread Pudding
Bread for Making Bread Pudding
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsJanuary 9, 2006
Bread Pudding
Bread Pudding Recipes
Slow Cooker Crockpot Bread Pudding
Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Bread Pudding Recipes
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
Bread and Butter Pudding
Bread and Butter Pudding Recipes