Chicken Milani

Just five things and it's so good. I was sopping up the sauce with bread!

• 2-3 Chicken breasts (6 for some ahead)
  • 1 bottle Catalina dressing (sweet and spicy French also works)
  • Ad
  • 1 can cream of onion soup
  • 1 16 oz. can cranberry, jelled
  • (Optional) diced fresh white or Bermuda onions (1/2 for 3 breasts and 1 whole for 4-6 breasts)

Directions:

Whisk or blend dressing, soup, and cranberry to a smooth consistency. If I am making more than three breasts, I add a cup of water, but for less than 3, you don't really need to add any.

Either cut up your chicken (and yes, frozen is fine, too) or put them in whole. At the end of the day or night, your chicken will be so tender, you can eat it with a spoon.

Note: If you cut up the chicken, it tends to absorb more of the juice but if you can't, it will be just fine, too.

Slow cook overnight or during the day on low. You can also slow bake in the oven in a casserole at 200 degrees F.

Serve over rice or pasta. Or for a nice touch, put in some unpeeled but chunked up spuds, a can of drained corn or your favorite veggies when you put in the chicken and other ingredients, and you have a meal in itself.

It is sweet and tangy, and so good. I would not freeze it if you used spuds, but everything else is perfect in the freezer, if it makes it that far!

Servings: 2-3
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
4-8 Hours Cooking Time

Source: My sister in law, Patty of Lake Zurich, IL gave me this during a recent visit. Now you all can try it and enjoy it with me.

By Poor But Proud from Yorktown, VA

Hi, I have your recipe cooking in the crock pot right now. One question: where do you get cream of onion soup? I saw cream of broccoli, cream of chicken, cream of mushroon, cream of potato, & some other creamed soups but no cream of onion. Who makes it? I used cream of celery & added the diced fresh onion. It smells good so I'm sure it's going to be delicious but the cream of onion soup has me baffled.

The cream of onion has me stumped, as well. Dry onion soup mix, maybe? A different kind of cream of? Please advise, this sounds delicious!

I was looking up an old recipe on here that I had submitted. It was for Chicken Milani and two responders didn't know about Cream of Onion Soup. Campbells makes it so you can have this wonderful dinner any time you want.

I apologize for not seeing the posts for pretty much a year. I would never have ignored you for even a week much less a year. I just didn't know anyone had responded, and I was trying to unpack.

Anyway, the line of soups that Campbells puts out is pretty extensive, and if you want a nice little twist, try their French Onion! To Die For!

I hope this helps, even tho' it is very late.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultrySeptember 10, 2009
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Fried Chicken
Canning Fried Chicken
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄