Give Trick or Treaters a Candy Container

Give Trick or Treaters a candy container if they come with plastic bags to your door. We live in town where we get at least 75+ treaters to our door on Halloween. Two years ago, my husband noticed some kids who came to the door were only carrying a grocery plastic food bag to get their candy in and not even wearing a costume of any type or just had painted faces. They look so sad as well.

So we started buying any kind of candy containers that were a Halloween theme that we saw in yard sales or after Halloween discount sales in stores and stock up on them throughout the year. Then when we have at least 20 containers we'd fill those with lots of extra candy and I print out a little card that hangs from the side of the container that says "Here's a special treat just for you, enjoy your candy bucket, Jesus Loves you too!" And we have them placed by the doorway at easy reach so that any child that comes to the door with just a plastic bag gets their own candy container. Their faces light up so big with a smile. Happy Fall and Halloween Everyone! It's just around the corner. :-)

What a wonderful idea! You probably have made a very special Halloween for some children.

What a great idea. You made some underprivelaged kids very happy, I'm sure. I will keep this in mind when/if we move back to town and have trick or treaters again.

I think it's a great idea but the phrase regarding Jesus loves you. The kids that come trick or treating in our are are of all denominations. I would consider using a phrase that does not have a religious reference.

I think this is a wonderful idea and I give it a thumbs up.

What an awesome idea! I am so doing this next year!

I read this idea and just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for the idea but most of all thank you for being so kind! I think that it is amazing that you make those children smile a bit when they are so down! Wonderful of you to do that! You are an amazing person... going above and beyond! You don't see that much anymore.