Inexpensive Whiteboards for Students

As a teacher and a mom, I am always trying to keep my costs to a minimum. A few years ago, I stumbled onto a great idea. Whiteboards are quite popular, but rather expensive to purchase for a class of 25. I went to Home Depot and puchased a sheet of tileboard, which costs under $10. I had the employee cut the sheet into 32 boards and the results were wonderful. Now each child gets to keep their own board at the end of the year at a rate of approximately .33 cents each. What a bargain! I also bought a full sheet and mounted it on the wall of my daughter's bedroom. Now she can write reminders and important info on her wall and have fun with it as well! By Sharon from Edison, NJ

What a great idea. Something my sons teacher did for him was to take a clear paper protector like for 3 ring binders, she was trying to help him with his ABC's, so she put a paper inside with his ABC's on it and an open lined space next to each letter. He then can trace her letter and then try to write his own. When done he just wipes it like any normal dry erase and can do over again. I now have a binder of "papers" for him that help with numbers and words and math.

Great idea!

I did this too. Home Depot usually cuts it for free for teachers. At least they did mine.

Consumer AdviceJanuary 23, 2006
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
Making Scrapbooks for Your Students
college students
Inexpensive Activities for College Students
Pair of fun glasses sticking out of a gift basket.
Gift Basket Ideas for College Students