Ideas for a Going Away Party

I have a friend who is moving about 100 miles away to another city with her son and husband of 1 year. We are throwing her a surprise going-away party and I would love some ideas for decorations, party favors, etc. for this type of party. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Crystal from CA

A travel theme might work.; planes, trains and automobiles. Decorate with toy cars. OR a garden theme; putting down roots in your new place. Decorate with small seedling plants. OR just go with the season. Summer fun! Beach-theme-balls, towels, sand toys, tiki torches, etc. Good luck! Have fun!

What a nice idea! I agree that a travel theme would be appropriate, but you could also do a more generic theme, like black & white, if you didn't want it to be so centered on her move.

I would decorate it simply. Focus on the company, not on the decorations. Instead of bringing the guest of honor a bunch of gifts that she'll have to pack, pitch in to buy her something she needs for the new home, like a housewarming gift.

Hope this helps,

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceMay 20, 2008
Frozen raspberries.
Freezing Raspberries
Going Away Gift
Going Away Gift Ideas
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
Fresh Fruit Cakes Being PRepared
Party Food Ideas