Uses for Dawn Dish Soap

I heard you could use Dawn for indoor plants. It what situations is it useful?

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By MOLLY13 from FL

Best Answer

You can make a formula to spray on plants to kill bugs using dish soap. DO NOT use Dawn or soap with degreaser in it.

Formula: 1 tea. dish soap, 1 tea. cooking oil (canola) couple of shots of hot sauce, 1 gallon of water. I spray this on plants that get rid spittle bugs(that white foamy stuff). This works on a lot of garden pest. jjs wpb, fl

I use it for pretreating grase stains on clothes, cuz Dawn cuts grease. It works real well, too. I don't know about plants though.

I also wash arms and hands well with Dawn after exposure to Poison Ivy or Poison Oak. It works really well to prevent rashes from them

My plant hint involving detergent is based on the use of Palmolive green original dish washing liquid.I have used it for years for my ficus trees....And it is amazing!

Add it to plain water, 1 Tablespoon to 1 gallon of water to water your plants in the usual way...

It cleanses the root system and is biodegradable. So it does not harm the plant. By cleaning the root system we cause the roots to absorb nutrients more efficiently. I do this once a month.

I have another hint that, when used on ficus trees , in conjunction with the Palmolive, makes them thicken and re-leaf like mad. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Dishwashing liquid being squeezed onto a sponge.
Using Dawn Dish Detergent
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJuly 15, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄