Finishing Cinder Block Walls in Basement

My basement walls have cylinder blocks under thin tile, which I removed. I am looking for an inexpensive way to do my walls. Should I go back to panel? I don't use the basement except for washing clothes so I don't want to invest too much money. The blocks are old so it needs to be covered. Help, please.

By Cathy from Bayonne, NJ

Answers

I don't know if it gets cold where you are, but I'm in Pa and my husband put paneling over the concrete block in our basement. He didn't use any kind of insulation and it is so cold down there. I'm having trouble doing laundry. Whatever you do, I would insulate it before you cover it up. Trust me, I get mad every time I have to go down there.

Sandy

Finishing a Basement
Finishing a Basement
Home and Garden Home Improvement BasementJanuary 2, 2010
Make Steps From Cinder Blocks
Making Steps with Cinder Blocks
Cinder Block Planter
Cinder Block Planters
Painting Cinder Block Walls
Painting Cinder Block Walls
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
🎄