Summer Themed Centerpieces

Category Centerpieces
Summer Themed Flower Centerpiece
Making centerpieces for parties and banquets with a specific theme allows you to let the creativity flow. It can also sometimes leave you stumped as to how to convey the theme. This is a guide about summer themed centerpieces.

Use cored fruit to make beautiful centerpieces for your next birthday, 4th of July party or even a nice green wedding! The cored fruit can then be used for a fruit salad, for no waste!

Just fit a water soaked piece of green floral oasis inside the cut fruit, then stick the various plants/flowers in somewhat close to the fruit's base. A rule of thumb for arrangements is to first put in 3 equally spaced plants/filler flowers, then add 5 plants spaced evenly apart.

One or two plants/flowers can be the flashy, display flower (my sunflowers in this case) as the focal point and your color theme. I used simple ferns and wild plants growing on my property for most of the arrangement.

Pictured bases are gourds, apples and a pineapple! Either use a pineapple and apple corer (don't cut through the bottom though!) OR just use an small melon scoop or knife to cut out the fruit inners.

Simple but oh so pretty! They keep for about 5 days too.

Source: A local library program!

The local nursing home is holding a "decorate a table" party and I've been asked to decorate a table. I'd like to use my State Plate collection and do a "Summer Trip" theme. Do you have any suggestions on what I should use on the table? I have maps from each of the states and I am working on collecting spoons, glasses and mugs from the various states. What do you suggest as a centerpiece?

Thank you for your help!

Make a flower type arrangment of street signs as a centerpiece

You could also scatter some state-issued quarters around the centerpiece (state designs facing up, of course), to continue to theme.

Thank you for your help! Any other ideas on table decorations would be great! I'm very excited about this theme!

Make it all route 66 themed-road signs to each destination which is each table thetable cloths can look like a road. Find out each states information stae tree bi9rd and go from there putting items like that on the table- or make acake for each centerpiece all different emphasizing the states theme