Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

Do not use WildBlue for an internet provider, the service is horrible, starting with the installation process. The installers were smoking on my roof, of all all places and did not ground the wires, instances that could have BURNED my house down.

Furthermore, they do not disclose during the sale of their crappy service, that you can only use the internet for a certain amount of time per month. After that, they slow your speeds down to less than that of a dial-up service, but you will still be charged the ridiculously high monthly bill for service which you are not receiving. The customer service reps are completely rude and do not even attempt to be helpful.

Furthermore, they did not disclose I would be committed to a 2 YEAR contract and that if I end the service (which I don't even have) that I will have to pay a termination fee! I am in the process of contacting my state Attorney General concerning their unfair business practices and hope to get them banned in Kentucky. It's a total scam. Beware of WILDBLUE internet service.

By Cindy from Pikeville, KY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Worst provider! The installers smoked on my roof, and didn't ground the wires, they could have easily burned our home down with this carelessness. WE have to pay $100 a month for internet that we can use as long as the wind isn't blowing, no rain, fog or snow. Furthermore, theydo not disclose during the sale for that $100 monthly, that you will not have unlimited service, when you reach your maximum time allowed, they slow it down to that less than dial-up, and you are still required to pay. I contacted them today about getting rid of this completely undependable service and the rude representative informed me I would have to pay an Early Termination Fee for a service I can't even use. I am in the process of contacting the KY Attorney General for their unfair business practices. Please find another provider if you value your home and freedom to surf the net!

It is 11/20/2009. Run from WildBlue. Any other option is better, including dial-up..which has far, far better latency times than WB. Dealing with this company has been one of the worst experiences in my life. Less than 2 weeks after we got it we violated our usage limit and we were slowed to 7kbps for almost a month. At that speed most web pages won't load. Look on the Internet carefully and you'll see that there are people who have had an absolutely horrible experience with this company. They are the only established company(in Englewood, CO) that doesn't have a phone number. They have 1 telephone line and if you complain too much, their system recognizes your phone number and they won't talk to you. Read all of this on the Net, go to Ripoff Reports.

Go to the National Better Business Bureau and you'll see that they lost their accreditation, went through a major headache getting it back, and since then they're strictly monitored. In fact, the BBB is the only thing that hurts them. If you want to hurt this unfair company complain to the BBB either in Colorado or nationwide. The BBB is carefull monitoring all complaints...and you should see how a mention of the BBB strikes terror into the employees.

WB is definitely one of the worst experiences I've had in my 50 years. Don't take my word for it. The people who have bad to say about this company far, far outnumber the people who say good about it. They actually went into my bank account and withdrew 502.00 without my say at a time when all our monthly bills came due. I immediately called my brother-in-law who's an attorney. He got it back for us after about 2 weeks, but said he had to tell them it was for an invalid who was handicapped.

Also, one of their installers told me that one of their policies is to charge all kinds of hidden charges so that they can pay for the dish over time (in case you haven't bought it). There is so much more that they've done to us and others that I don't have the energy to write. Just one more thing, if you have to go with satellite, go with HughesNet instead. They've got 15 satellites in the sky compare to WB who has 2. I personally wouldn't touch satellite again after my experience with WB, but there's far worse written about WB than HugesNet. Also as of 11/20/09 my average ping with WB is 3115ms, and I've got their fastest package at 86.00 per month. Thank God, DSL just came to town!

I am not a Wild Blue subscriber or affiliated with them in any way. Actually, I am investigating alternatives to Verizon Wireless broadband. If you want to complain about something, try Verizon. 5GB per month (total) for $59.99 and $0.45 per MB overage. When I signed up you received no warning about how much you used and my 1st bill was $1600. Yes, that's right, $1600. I was able to negotiate down and complained enough about no notifications that they started sending emails at 50%, 75%, and 90% use. Since I live a good distance from the nearest tower I never get sustained download or upload speeds near their maximums. Right now I am using Carbonite and my uploads speeds are averaging <100kbps.

My neighbor has Wild Blue and has no complaints other than the cost and they have access to ComCast. I live so far off the road ComCast quoted $2000 to install the cable and the poles are already in place. Then I get to pay $42.95/mo. unless I get the triple play.

I used Wild Blue here in Clay County, Texas. The service is expensive for the speeds you get. It beats dialup but is frustrating with the outages due to rain and clouds and limited access to bandwidth. I cancelled as soon as my 12 month contract was up and went back to my wireless ISP after they installed a tower nearby. True wireless is much faster and reliable.

I too got screwed by wild blue and their obnoxious customer service reps. After terminating service with them (for obvious reasons) in april, they are still sending me bills. You can imagine my anger and frustration when i called them this evening and asked for a supervisor and was told (while tiffany, if that's her real name, laughed out loud) no supervision was available. I tried to access my account to remove my bank account info with no avail. My hands are tied while wild blue bends me over and screws me yet again. I will be calling them everyday, several times a day until this fiasco is cleared up, i.E. My money returned and am given a sincere apology. Do not deal with wild blue. Ever!

What happened, lets see. First off the installer had no idea what he was doing. He wanted to borrow tape from me so he could tape the wires (SAT TV/internet installation) around the walls of my bed room and I had to show him how to run wire under the carpet. Next he stuck the outside wires into crevasses of my home that later fell down all over the place.

Finally he was through and things worked fine for a few months. then I got a letter saying I had exceeded the bandwidth and my speed would be slowed down because of it. Since I am the only user and wasn't on the system that often I didn't worry about it but noticed that while they turn it down quickly they don't turn it back up "ever". Now, again I receive a notice saying that I have exceeded the bandwidth. I hadn't and this time complained, received a note saying they made a mistake and not to worry about it. the following week I received another note saying that since I had exceeded the bandwidth they had cut my speed again. Since they had never increased the speed after cutting it the first time I have a hard time seeing what they have done now, can speeds become negative.

Anyway, stay away from these people. they are crooks, liars and customer abusers and from this point I will spread the word to all. These are not the people you want to entrust anything to. By the way, "if" you can get through to their support, "if" you can understand them, they will probably tell you to not hold the phone as close to your nose and then hang up on you like they did my wife. Like I said, rude, customer abusers.

Absolute worst of the worst. I can't even check my e-mail most times because its so slow. I've installed their optimizer and other software they've suggested but to no avail. Can't wait till my contract is up.

Similar experience. In NY. Beware of WildBlue.

They will cheat and lie to get you money. The installation guy was so unprofessional: cursing and yelling at his wife on the phone, took the whole day. The service was as slow as dial-up except there were many outages. Getting someone on the phone to help? Almost impossible! You get put on hold for hours, then find out it's after hours so no one is available.

When I cancelled the contract, I had to pay a $150 fee to remove the equipment. He left big gaping holes on the facade of my architect designed house, cost me $1,300 to fix the damage.Now I am getting charged $300 because their service rep did not send it back (although he removed it and took it back).

One headache after the next. I, too, am reporting to the better business bureau and taking legal action. Hard to believe these crooks haven't yet been shut down!

I have not been happy with my Wild Blue/Hughes Net service. It is the only option we have in our rural setting. Although I pay over 80.00 per month, we are slowed to dial up speed when we reached 99% usage, that never gets us back to 65% download use. It's been 2 weeks, and we've never got below 68%. I plan to cancel and pay the price. Just not a good internet service.

I wish you luck with the attorney general's office. Their practices do sound ridiculous and predatory. If you have one in your area, I would recommend checking out Cox Communications. We have had broadband internet with them for over 6 years for $54.44 per month. It is very good service, and except for when the weather is bad, we rarely have a problem. You can also bundle other services, like home phone and cable, but we don't use either one of those.

I had Wild Blue about two years ago and at first it was fine. Then, out of the blue, pardon the pun, I exceeded my bandwidth. All work and studies online came to a screeching halt.

So, I called them up and asked them how I would go about upgrading my account to a business account. They told me to speak with one of their affiliate partners, so I did and had it all set up to continue to use them under their affiliate partner for access to a business upgrade.

The day came for the upgrade and WildBlue turned their own affiliate partner down, because I was a WildBlue AT&T customer.

What in the heck I said! I had purchased my equipment for $540 and was seven months into a two year contract when this occurred.

They informed me I would be charged this fee if I left them and I told them, that HughesNet was in my back yard installing as we spoke, their equipment had been moved to the attic and they could stick the bill where the sun don't shine.

Someone from AT&T called and asked why I left WildBlue and I repeated this very story. I have never heard from them again, they are not on my credit report and I have never received another bill.

All I wanted was a darn business upgrade and they had me do the leg work and then turned me down. I had cash in hand.

No ones perfect, but I am one of those who lives out in the rural woods and has only two choices and I have never had a problem with HughesNet so far.

Just my take on this.

I had several issues with Wildblue/Exede but after I spoke with their supervisors directly I was given back the 300 for equipment and 250 for other charges immediately.

I spoke with 3 different supervisors (Jason Webb, Immanuel Perry, and Mundy Horton) on one phone call, and the first two didn't know how to help but Mundy was able to. They were all surprised I had their direct supervisor contact, but after I persisted and let them know that I knew they were supervisors at Transcom (handle Wildblue cust svc) they helped me.

This took me 3 months to get to the bottom of this customer service smoke screen, but that's the reason Wildblue isn't very helpful when you call them...it's not Wildblue on the phone. If you had the same issues I had with bad charges call Mundy Horton @ (303)800-5912 or email mundy.horton AT transcom.com

Comment

Anyone have experience using WildBlue high speed satellite internet service?

By edenray

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

We have had Wildblue for over two years now and going from dial up are very happy. We have had no problems other than the same ones one has with satellite connections. Storms interfere with the reception. The speed is much much faster and we have the slower of the three choices they offer. I would highly recommend their service. (10/19/2009)

By latrtatr

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

Wildblue is intended as an alternative to dial up. It's speed is 10-15x's faster than Dial Up.
Speeds range between 512kbs-1.5megs. It is not recommended for:

1. Downloading movies
2. Online Gaming
3. Connecting to a VPN

If you have dialup this is faster. If you are slowed down, you are slowed to dial up speed If that is unbearable ( dial up Speed ) that is why you signed up for the provider in the first place. Be Aware of your Download usage, there is a google add on for that.(11/09/2009)

By Ronnie1776

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm looking for high speed internet. I would like to know if anyone has Wild Blue Internet and if it is any good. I don't have a lot of money to play with, so I would like to do it right the first time. Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

By B K from Farmington, MO

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

It was terrible and I'd never go back to it again. The installer was pleasant enough, but they didn't seal the bolts holding the dish to the roof, so there were leaks. The way they laid the cable over the roof caused huge icicles to form where the water followed it down the roof.

We live in a rural area and only receive a couple TV channels. Tornadoes and severe weather are a concern here, but we are not able to hear storm sirens. We had hoped to be able to rely on our Wild Blue service to stay on top of the weather, but the service was down more than it was up. During particularly rainy and stormy weeks, we might not have service for days.

One positive note, when we called to cancel (a year early in our 2 year contract), they willingly canceled our service without a penalty (after we gave them our litany of complaints). Thankfully a WISP became available in our area. We're going on 2 years and the service has not gone down once and the price is comparable. (05/28/2009)

By knitwhit

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

We live in the country and don't have cable available, so I decided to try Wild Blue, since I was tired of using the dial up for the internet. I've been with them for over a year, and can say they're not much faster than the dial up, except for downloading, which is faster. If a heavy rain comes through, it won't work either. I pay $50 a month, and will stay with them until cable comes through. No problems with the installation like the other lady, guess it depends on who they send out. (05/28/2009)

By noriemong

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

1. Downloading movies
  2. Online Gaming
  3. Connecting to a VPN

If you have dial up this is faster. If you are slowed down, you are slowed to dial up speed
If that is unbearable ( dial up speed ) that is why you signed up for the provider in the first place.
Be aware of your download usage there is a Google add-on for that. (08/04/2009)

By Ronnie1776

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone have Wild Blue internet service? I live in rural Missouri and am curious to find out about the service, the reliability and their customer service. Thanks!

Lori

Wild Blue

We have Wild Blue satellite internet service. I'd say it is OK. I need faster than dial up internet service as I work from home, in a rural area. There is no DSL. I'd say it surely is better than dial up. Occasionally, we have rain fade, but it generally hasn't lasted too long.

I have had problems with using bandwidth. I had to go to a plan with more bandwidth, because the kids are using it for school, as well. The plan costs me $70 per month which is really expensive, but I have no choice.

But all in all, we are fairly pleased with it. (07/08/2008)

By Lois Ann from New York

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

I live in Chicago, but too far from the Telephone Central Office, so I cannot get DSL. Anyway, I have Wild Blue and I have not had any problems whatsoever. Sure, service may go down during a heavy storm but it comes back up without any problem. The technician was very competent and the installation went without a hitch. I have the ProPack through DishNetwork.

It is a bit costly, but I had no choice and my wife was driving me crazy complaining about dial-up. My son is not too happy about the latency when he plays games online, but he has enough other games to play with so that is not an big issue. All in all, I am pleased with the service (and the peace and quite it earned me). (07/08/2008)

By FATillery

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

We had to sign a 2-year contract with Wild Blue. We live in rural Mississippi. It is faster than dial-up, but nothing to brag about. It's $59.00 month. Everytime a rain cloud comes up to the South, it goes out and we can't get the radar for the weather. When there is bad weather in Wisconsin (their home office) it goes out. But still better than dial-up. Can't wait to get DSL one day when it is available. (07/08/2008)

By LYNPOW

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

We have Wildblue and have found it to be great, as opposed to slower dial-up for sure. We had the more expensive fast plan from them the first couple of years, because I worked online from home. Now we have the slower, less expensive plan, and haven't noticed a huge difference in pages loading, still is a lot faster than dial-up.

The only problems I found were early on, when they first installed it, and we got some poorly trained newbie contract installers who weren't able to make it work. Took several other people to come out to make it work right. Before you sign a contract, make very sure about who your installers will be and that the company you sign up with will stick with you until they make it work right, without charging you for extra trips. Other than that, once it's up and running, it's pretty good. Sure beats dial-up, and frees up your phone line. (07/08/2008)

By CrafterMary

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

I had Wildblue installed on April 23rd, 2008 and even though it is a little faster than dial-up it is still terribly slow. Everyday I lose connection to the satellite due to even minor weather such as clouds. The installation crew (one trained and one trainee) seemed to know what they were doing, but I watched them do stupid stuff that one should never do to RF cables carrying high frequencies. And of course the usual, nothing was part of the installation package and I was charged extra for it. (07/27/2008)

By Dale C. B.

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

Wild Blue has severely slowed our service even though they know a hacker is using our signal and stealing our "band width". It looks like they are breaching our contract to get more money from us. (08/23/2008)

By Rob C

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

I've had WildBlue now for about 6 months. Better than dial-up, but overpriced for what you get. I've had lots of problems from day one. First installation didn't yield enough speed so dish had to be relocated. Worked fairly well during snow, but rain is another story. If calling customer service, have a pillow nearby because you'll be on hold for a really long time to get no help. They'll tell you they can't help you over the phone, but will schedule a tech to visit you in a week or so and charge you for the visit.

We have had a very rainy summer and have been without internet service every time it rains and for a length of time after the rain stops. There was a stretch of days where our time of outages was greater than our time of connection. I have relatives with Hughes.net who do not have this problem and that is what I will be looking in to now. At the cost of the service we deserve to have a service that works. (09/07/2008)

By Dave

WILD BLUE AND VONAGE

Both are not compatible. You can not use Vonage with Wild Blue Satellite Internet. (09/24/2008)

By In El Paso Texas

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

I am having a terrible time with Wild Blue. While I was on vacation recently, some one hacked into my network and used my WB account for running some sort of file sharing software, exceeding my upload limit for the month. I have tried customer service, who sent me to billing, who sent me to vendor relations, who sent me back to tech support, all of them saying they have no authority to deal with my problem. When I asked to speak to each person's superior, they try to tell me they have no direct supervisor and try to send me to another department.

This is in addition to my service being out for a couple of days, because of weather issues in another state (?), and generally unimpressive speed for my $79 a month. If you have any other option, don't sign up.
Alex (09/29/2008)

By Alex

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

The worst service and excuses of any company I have had contact with. Techs they send out are ill informed and act/tell you it's your fault. Techs you may speak to at Wild Blue tell you it's your fault. And finally someone told me it is Wild Blue's fault, my beam was tweaked to my area and now I need an updated version to get good coverage. I have been paying for service calls, over 50 per month for 3 months and still no service.

Don't get Wild Blue, you'll be Blue. (10/25/2008)

By M.J.

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

It is awful. My PC freezes up every time I try to log in to one of my online accounts. It does not work with my wireless router, and to top it all off, after a week of this, when I called them to tell them I wanted out, they said that breaking my contract would cost $345! Since I live in MN I informed them that I did not have to pay that amount, since we have a law allowing 30 days to cancel. Their response was that since they are based in Colorado that law did not apply. Rotten service and miserable customer service. What a deal. (12/09/2008)

By Lynn

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

Ok, I read over all of these messages. I want to say a couple of things. First off, if you want WildBlue you need to understand that VPN's, remote desk tops, gaming, and video do not work well with satellite internet, any of the satellite Internets.

If you want to use the service for something particular you need to speak up. A lot of the time the technicians are not as versed on what does or does not work with the product so you need to ask them to call in and make sure this is something you can do or not do. I get calls all the time from people that want to use it for Vonage, gaming, teleconference, webinars, etc. I make sure they understand that these things do not work. If you don't speak up and ask the CSR how are they going to know what you are expecting. The CSR's have a set script that they have to follow and are not mind readers.

This next thing goes for everyone who are thinking of buying anything. Research it. Especially if you are going to be spending $300 for install and $50 a month. Know what you are buying. I get calls all the time from people that do not know that there is a fair access policy (FAP) until they go over it. It is stated plainly on the page of the service, but no one ever reads anything and just assumes that they know everything.

WildBlue is a good product for people that are "standard" users. This means someone that goes on and read's their mail, looks up some funny jokes, etc. It is not for hardcore users who stream video, work from home on a VPN, gamers or anything like that. Don't blame the product for your inability to research. (12/09/2008)

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

Terrible. They have download limits that if you get near (not over), they'll cut you off for a few weeks until you're back to an amount they like. The latency is awful, at times almost as bad as dial-up. Their prices are outrageous for what you get. If I remember right, in 2005 it cost me over $300 to do the install and pay for the first month. Then after that, it was about $70 per month.

I'm not sure what everyone else dealt with, but the local installer was very good. He was able to answer our questions and he even switched modems for us when one of them failed, with no cost to us. When ever we had problems, we'd call him instead of wasting time with Wild Blue.

Thankfully, I found a local WISP that provides faster, cheaper service. I put down an upfront cost of $605 and that includes the $130 installation and the entire first year in advance. And even better, no download limits. (12/20/2008)

By Jerry

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

Worst ISP ever. Pings range from 1000-4000ms and that's when you can even connect to the internet. Worst ISP ever. Dial up is better than Wild Blue. (02/12/2009)

By Pat

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

I am so glad I found this page before making the huge mistake of switching from one terrible internet provider to another. Here is a warning to all who are upset with Wild Blue. Stay away from Hughes Net. It is the same and the tech support and customer service is unbelievable. It is the worst. (02/18/2009)

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

The worst service I have ever had. I only have it because it is the only option I have. I recently moved and setup for them to come and move the service, instead they disconnected my old service and re-installed me as a new customer. Because of this I lost all of my email accounts and they could not retrieve them.

So, I have 3 internet businesses and lost all of the email information on all three of them. I also spent hours correcting my business accounts, but before that was complete I lost a lot of business and the only reply from Wild Blue was "there is nothing we can do about it". I also lost a lot of pictures I had stored in my email account. I went through, I cannot tell you how many people and every one of them acted like complete idiots. I hate the service and as soon as I have other options I will be gone. (02/23/2009)

By Mindi from Denison, TX

How is Wild Blue Internet Service?

To the Wild Blue rep that commented. Quit trying to sell and advertise a product that "does not work". If the service doesn't support anything other than reading email, state "that fact" in your false advertising. To all you whom have become a victim of this false advertising and inability to deliver the service, file your complaints formally with the FCC at:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/complaint_tips.html (02/24/2009)

By Russ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Internet Service Provider
Internet Service Provider Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews InternetNovember 16, 2009
Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Advice on Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:13:16 PM on 10.0.2.62 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.