Three Meals from Spaghetti Meat Sauce

I quite often make up a large batch of meat sauce.

1. The first night I make spaghetti and meat sauce. I serve this with tossed salad, garlic bread).

2. The next night, I make pizzas on flat breads using the sauce, and shredded cheese.

3. The third night I make spaghetti pie. This is leftover spaghetti combined with an egg, seasonings on the bottom, topped with meat sauce and grated cheese. This is baked in the oven.

This way I get 3 meals out of one pound of hamburger!

By lauriechristine from Kingston, Ontario

Excellent ideas here! Another way to use up leftover spaghetti sauce is to dilute it with a bit of stock or water, and use as a sauce over cabbage rolls or stuffed peppers. My "house soup" (made with fried onions, stock and compatible leftovers), also benefits from a bit of added tomato.

Also... I turn left over sauce into Chili; add chili powder, can tomatoes, chili beans, onion, and we like it super chunky, so we add celery & mushroom. When I make sloppy joe I make extra and freeze it to use it for spaghetti sauce when we are in the mood for it.

I always make a large pot of sauce. Some for supper that night. The rest I freeze and mark the containers with how many cups of sauce in each. They are easy to thaw in the microwave and then they can be used in whatever way I choose. It will last several months in the freezer especially if you cover the sauce with a plastic wrap before putting the cover on.

Spaghetti Sauce
Recipes Using Spaghetti Sauce
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversJune 2, 2009
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes