Use Utensils in Unusual Ways

I am all for using utensils in unusual ways. After you brown ground beef, you can break it up into mostly uniform pieces using a pastry blender.

Greetings! Withfour kids we are always looking for way to cut meal prep in half. ( They are all still alittle small to use knives themselves). Daddy whipped out the pizza cutter thingie and now we use it all the time. PBand Js, waffles, pancakes, makes quicker work of all kinds of things! But my favorite odd use for my kitchen gear? Drumsticks!! Still make me smile!

My kids use a wire whisk to break up hamburger/ground turkey meat when they are browning it. It doesn't scratch the pan and it makes the meat cook with a nice, fine textures.

When making egg salad use a potato masher or pastery blender to chop up the hard boiled eggs.

I've seen this one on tv...Use a potato masher for your ground meat when you are browning it!

I use my pizza cutter to cut up spaghetti, and pancakes for my kids. It works great.

I just used a casserol dish to bake a loaf of bread. When it was done, and cooled, I sliced it. It's stored right back in the casserol dish, with the glass cover. My family can see it, and are more likely to grab it. Bread prices are so high here in NY that I save a whole lot making it myself.

Londa

I use an egg slicer to slice mushrooms, a steel spaghetti grabber as a meat tenderizer, scissors to slice up fine stuff quickly.

Using that pizza cutter for cutting spaghetti and pancakes is a great idea. I never thought of using it for more than what it's made for. Gee, there must be a lot of other things to use it for too.

I have a young son who is eager to try whatever I do in the kitchen. I dont want him handling a knife yet, so I've been using kitchen shears (which I store carefully) for many things as I cook: cutting meat, opening bags, cutting dough, pizza,pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, even cheese and some veggies like green peppers and celery. One pair of easy to clean shears stays very busy in my kitchen!

Kitchen Utensils
Using Kitchen Utensils in Unusual Ways
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsMay 22, 2008
Wooden Utensils in wooden jar
Organizing Kitchen Utensils
Circle of Plastic Forks
Uses for Plastic Utensils
Dirty Dishes in Sink
Cleaning Kitchen Utensils
Pastry Blender
Uses for a Pastry Blender
🎄