Removing Endust Residue From Pergo Floors

I just had Pergo floors put in and my contractors cleaned them with 1/2 a can of Endust. Now they are all oily and greasy. What can I use to get it off the floor? Please help!

Denise from Chicago, IL

Does the manufacturer recommend a type of cleaning product for routine cleaning? If not check where you purchased it. Corn starch will probably soak up the oily residue. But then you have to clean that up. Probably by hand with soft cloth.

Manufacturers of laminate flooring each recommend a particular cleaning product or method for their brand & type of flooring. You can call Pergo, they will tell you what product & method to use for your floor. They sell a cleaner & also recommend using plain white vinegar & water applied by hand w/ a cloth. It is important to keep water from puddling on the floor or remaining on the floor due to the joints between the "boards".

The main ingredient in Endust is silicone, didn't know if you knew that. Not the best to be breathing.

My husband does floors and I don't understand why they put endust on floors! My hubby recommends vinegar and water. it's all natural and no harsh fumes or abrasives., and its cheap. You can use other things such as pinesol and water or something. With pergo you have to be careful since its not actually wood and its more like a formica coated laminate, but more sensitive to what is on cabinets when it comes to cleaners and water.

If the floor isn't too dirty or there isn't something sticky spilled my husband recommends getting a dust mop (kind of like the ones at hardware store that you attach a lambs wool to, but you could use a regular one from walmart, they both will do.)but wrapping half or an old towl around it and clip on with 2 or 3 safety pins. Don't completely soak the towel with the cleaner and water, but do a little more than dampen it. This will ensure it picks up all the extra dirt and dust, while not leaving too much water residue. pergo will spot with standing water and it is not removable.

You can take off the towel and wash. of course, I usually have to change it a few times through out the house. I just use towels that have gotten worn or spotted for this. If it is a large towel, you can make three out of it! for spot cleaning, you can use more water, just make sure you dry it off well. Hope this helps.

THERE IS A LOT OF WATER IN ENDUST, SO IT SHOULD BE EASY TO REMOVE THE OILS WITH ALCOHOL SINCE ALCOHOL EVAPORATES EASILY. TRY A SMALL AREA IN A CORNER FIRST TO SEE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU USE. JUST DON'T USE SOLVENTS. I'VE USED ALCOHOL MOST OF MY LIFE FOR THAT VERY THING, FOR THINGS LIKE PATENT SHOES TO STOVE TOPS THAT NEED SHINING UP. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU. : )

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMarch 3, 2008
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄
🍂