Paper Towel Alternatives for Cleaning

The gunk on fake tile floor in my apartment usually comes up better with paper towels but they are so expensive. Does anyone understand? When I use a washcloth it doesn't get it all and then makes the washcloth impossible to rinse out. It's always a black grunge of some, kind especially around toilet and base boards, like a mixture of sock fuss and hair?

Tracy from Iowa

Try using the new micro fiber towels, there great on floors.

You can use used dryer sheets and these can be rinsed out and used again.I use dryer sheets for all kinds of scrubbing.

Ditto on the used dryer sheets. You can use one wadded up...or use a handful tied together at the center with a rubber band to make a 'puff ball' of sorts. We have a textured kitchen floor that is harder to clean and I either use the dryer sheets or an old shower poof on it and it works way better than a washcloth.

I'm not sure what kind of black grunge you have. Are you sure its not mold? My daughter has gas heat and she gets a black residue around her baseboards. I think its an oily residue from the heat. I have electric heat, and I dont get it.

There is a tool on the market sold at www.flylady.com. Its called the Rubba Scrubba. I like it for gathering pet hair, etc. I think it might work on the type of lint you've described. It costs $5. Its good in the car and for lots of various things. You can wash it in the dishwasher when it gets dirty. You might want to check it out as its reusable and pays for itself in the long run. Good luck

I think the website for flylady is www.flylady.net. Not .com.

I hope this helps.

You have glue oozing out and now that the floor is down, I don't think you can fix it but just deal with it. I like to use DesolveIt for glue things, but it could get expensive. Good luck!

I use Mr Eraser to wipe across bathroom floor because you just rinse them and use over and over. I have a small bathroom and I might not be able to do this physically when I get older> i wish the Mr Erasers were bigger or wider! They get everything up.

@ Danialle:

flylady.COM sends you to the same place flylady.NET sends you

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsApril 29, 2008
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
A roll of paper towels.
Paper Towel Reviews
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:31:57 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.