Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Need 50 Small Gift Ideas For 2 Secret Sisters

I need 50 small Christmas ideas for my 2 secret sisters at church. I had the daughter-then her mom moved in with her after it was too late to draw a name for her-so I adopted her also.

I am wanting to get a large gift bag with 25 small gifts in each-one for each day of December. The envelope or small package will have the date on the outside of each so they know what day to open them. I'd like each to have different items-not the same. And they need to be inexpensive. So far I have small candles, pack of gum, mints, small soaps and bath beads. I just need more ideas for little items I can wrap. Thanks

April from Missouri

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By (Guest Post)12/17/2008

Beads and wire to make a necklace......homemade bath salts......lotion......homemade pillows...... pictures of fun times......scrapbook......PS if they are so secret, why do you know about them...... good luck and God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

By moonie (Guest Post)09/19/2008

It's prob too late but for next time cheap folding fans, cookie cutter, xmas design emery board, hair clips, cute pill box with candy heart or tic tacs inside, a wrapped up doggy treat if they had one, small tin tea container with make shift sewing kit, origami star or what not, tiny teddy bear, mini pot on which you write friends are like flowers, seeds, colored band aid that u write God heals on it, I got more ideas but running out of room here. God bless

By badwater [242]12/15/2007

Chapstick, bookmark, nail files, nail polish, nail polish remover pads or liquid, cottonballs, shower cap, rain bonnet, bandana, pretty hanky, coin purse, small stuffed animal, small box of chocolates, can of nuts, pretty pill box for her purse or nightstand.

By Jane (Guest Post)12/01/2007

Small marshmallows in a bag labeled snowman poop
chocolate covered raisins labeled reindeer droppings
chocolate covered spoons (make yourself by melting chocolate and dipping plastic spoon in it, dry and wrap with hot choco mix

By Melanie12/01/2007

My Mom makes the BEST ever hand cream. It's very inexpensive and works so well that we have had doctors and nurses ask us to make it for them. We buy everything at one of the local dollar stores. Combine 1 bottle baby lotion, 1 jar vitamin E cream, and 1 bottle "creamy" vasaline. Use a plastic bowl that you will never use for anything else. Mix well. Spoon into clean, small plastic containers with air-tight lids. We also buy these at the dollar store, 6 for $1. Tie a pretty ribbon around container and lable it "World's best hand cream" This stuff is great for dry skin anywhere and does wonders for sore cracked heels and feet! Merry Christmas!

By (Guest Post)11/27/2007

Free samples!!! Visit stores that give out free samples of hand lotions, face creams, soaps, etc. Warehouse-type stores also give out samples this time of year (I got samples of paper towels and moist towelettes from Sam's Club last weekend) Also the Avon/Mary Kay lady in your area may have some discontinued or overstocked items they would be willing to give you. And if you do the same thing next year, start now by getting free samples from the internet. I visit Wal-Mart's website twice a month and have samples sent to me throughout the year. You can find it under the tab "In Stores Now" and you should see a box with "Free Samples". Last year I made my sister a placemat tote and filled it with samples of shampoo, lotion, hand creams, tea, coffee, lip balm, knee-hi pantyhose, ArmorAll Glas Wipes - all kinds of stuff!! She loved it and it only cost me the price of the placemat and embellishments which totaled $3. Now THAT is Thrifty !! Enjoy and God Bless you and yours this Holiday Season.

By laurao (Guest Post)11/26/2007

book, pen set, stationary set, fingernail set, manicure set, pitcher frames, gift card to restaurant or favorite store , snacks, movies, picture album , cell phone pre paid card, kitchen towel set, bath towel and rag set, perfume, figurines, bible, bookmarks, address book, box of chocolate, homemade cookies, recipe book, cookies, mug. box of cocoa, billfold, go to a dollar tree store they have a lot of great gifts for giving any one

By Gena C. Moore [1]11/26/2007

1. small nail polishes
2. small hand lotions
3. Hand sanitizers
4. lip balm
5. pocket packs of tissue
6. emory boards
7. nail clippers
8. bookmarks
9. highlighter pens or the new highlight tape
10. pens
11. notepads for purse
12. individual wet wipes or shout wipes for purse

Dollar Tree and Dollar General are great for finding all kinds of great items on a budget.

Happy Holidays!

By Diana (Guest Post)11/26/2007

We do this but it is the 12 days of Christmas

Candies of any sort (M&Ms, marshmallow pops, etc.) socks, mittens, Night before Christmas book-December 24th, book mark, lip gloss, playing cards shaped like Christmas (tree, ornament, showman) Christmas wash cloth, Santa hat, place mats, cookie tin-filled of course!, candy cane, Reindeer noses (choc covered raisins with a few red hots thrown in) Nail polish, Personalized ornaments, Jingle bells or any other home decorations., cocoa and mug, your favorite cookie recipe and ingerdients (maybe stretched out over a couple of days OR cookies in a Jar mix...Can you say Dollar STORE!

By Diana (Guest Post)11/26/2007

Burn your own CD of favorite Christmas music
A small photo album, address book
Thank you cards!

By Mary (Guest Post)11/26/2007

How about things for pampering - small bottles of nail polish, nail polish remover, nail files, lotions for hands and feet, individual facial masks, chapstick or lip gloss, notecards you can make yourself (if you are crafty), think stocking stuffers. Good luck! :)

By Wendy [7]11/26/2007

If it were up to me, I would probably be hitting the dollar tree! Sometimes they have multipacks of things. Some ideas for you:
1. hand lotion
2. elastic hair bands
3. hair scrunchies
4. Christmas ornament
5. potpourri sachet
6. novelty socks
7. perfume spray
8. homemade cookies
9. herbal tea
10. bookmark
11. small notebook
12. inspirational book
13. pocket calendar
14. bible devotional book
15. car air freshener (the spray kind is nice)
16. music cd
17. gourmet crackers
18. recipe cards
19. coffee mug
I can't think of any more but that would give you a great start. Hope you have fun!

By patti (Guest Post)11/26/2007

to include in the mix above, how about things you could do together, as 'coupons' such as "read a story", take a walk, teach to knit or sew on a button, hem pants, ..and maybe do it so that the mother would benefit or could gain confidence via the activities. perhaps something[s] she could do in return?
if you can sew, you could make the headbands with cloth, possibly soft elastic inside or at the back only.
check goodwill or other as well. wednesdays here there is seniors sale of 30% off. you may be surprised at what you can find there. happy holidays to you.
depending on weather, gloves, socks are nice

By Barb. (Guest Post)11/25/2007

How about a whisk .79 @ Walmart, with some hershey kisses in it that says "I whisk you a Merry Kissmas". That is fun to give to all of your friends and quite inexpensive.

'stickie pads', magnetic stickers for frig, pot holders and dishrags. Stretch that over 4 days.
Another fun idea is 'will the Christ Child come'. Sporadically give a 'piece of an economical nativity. Make sure you are done with every piece BUT the Christ Child. Then nothing. Somehow give her a wrapped present that says do not open till Christmas and then you can identity yourself as to who you are and it builds anticipation in the receiver. We do it as a family in a 'pixie' ring the doorbell kinda fashion. Great fun.

By (Guest Post)11/23/2007

How about putting in a small jar and tell them it is their prayer jar for their most important thoughts and dreams. My girls loved that idea. You could also print up words of encouragement, or make your own stickers on the computer with their return addresses for mailings. We like to get the magnet paper and print up pictures for friends like college mascots, school emblems, etc.

By Julie [49]11/21/2007

a small box of all occasion cards and envolpoes of 12 count at the dollar store for$2.00 per box.
pretty hankerchief
headbands
box of individual hot cocoa mix
wish i could think of more, thats all i got:) happy holidays!

By (Guest Post)11/21/2007

How about some Christmas Chocolates that you make yourself?
Also you could theme a week, like bath beads for one day, a pretty flannel for the next, bubble bath the next etc. So at the end of it all they have a really nice bath collection.

Another inexpensive idea is a notebook filled with favorite recipes. Good luck I hope this helps.