Celtic Themed Wedding

My husband and I are wanting to renew our vows. We eloped when we got married so we want to have an actual ceremony. But we are wanting to do a Celtic themed wedding. I am having a very hard time finding anything for it. Most of the dresses I have found cost in the 5-7 thousand dollar range. I have found nothing for a cake idea. Can someone help me with finding somewhere to look online?

By Ellicemoffitt from Paragould, AR

Best Answer

I'm making my daughter's celtic theme wedding dress, along with the bridesmaids.

My daughter wants to get her goblets from http://www.fellowshipfoundry.com/

This can be a gift from someone. If someone wants to get you something special, let them know. It can keep your costs down.

Have a flute player, or guitar, etc. We plan to have an outdoor wedding. She's talked about a pig roast, or at least a cookout. Where do you live? Some areas have lovely B and B's that have lovely scenery for a beautiful celtic themed wedding.

Have fun with this. it is your dream wedding - that has finally arrived. My daughter, due to the in-law family making all sorts of remarks, is at the point of eloping herself, but we are trying to encourage her to have the wedding as it is a celebration for the couple, not the family.

Anyway. Good luck with all this. It is fun!

Best Answer

An acquaintance was telling me that her niece had one. During part of the ceremony, the couples hands were bound together with a wide ribbon--where the term "tying the knot" comes from, is actually a celtic tradition. She also had a young girl from a dance studio do traditional dances for the guests.

Best Answer

Weddingstar has Celtic Accessories. Here is the link.

http://www.weddingstar.com/us/Celtic+Charm+Collection

Up here in Canada, the Scottish Shops often will rent the tartans, and other traditional garb for a few hundred dollars. Maybe check with a costume shop as well, might be much less expensive. Check also at the Highland Games in your area, there are usually vendors that can get you set up.

I have seen wedding invitations with a celtic love knot design on them or a claddagh ring. Here is a link to one that Carlson Craft does

http://invitationlady.cceasy.com/WE ... p;CFID=72451321&CFTOKEN=32280603

Best of luck!

Photos of Celtic wedding cakes:

http://images.google.com/images?gbv ... ;btnG=Search+Images&aq=f&oq=

Search for: "How to Plan a Celtic Theme Wedding", a lot of info there, good luck.

What a beautiful theme! Just a thought, have you tried looking online for Renaissance Faire or historical garb? There are plenty of sites that sell Celtic or medieval dresses for a lot less than that, and some places even do custom work.

With the traditional 'tieing the knot', perhaps you could use a tied ribbon as a cake topper.

Celtic Cross
Celtic Themed Wedding Ideas
Weddings Wedding ThemesApril 22, 2009
Cake with ropes and small anchors on it.
Nautical Themed Wedding Ideas
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Red toy firefighter helmet.
Firefighter Themed Wedding Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎄