Reviews of the Ultimate Sweater Machine by Bond

I have been looking at this knitting machine since I started working at Jo Ann's. I would really like to try it out, but I don't know if I want to spend that much money on something I'm not sure I would like.

Does anyone out there have one of these and if so, how do you like it? Do you have the deluxe model that includes the extension and the row counter? Are these items really important or can you do without them and still have a decent end result? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Bee

By Barb from Brownsdale, MN

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear ... +Incredible+Sweater+Machine&aq=f

Watch the videos on You Tube. If I were you I wouldn't waste my money. If you know how to knit, it is cheaper to buy knitting needles then to invest in a piece of junk.

MCW is right I have one and it will knit, but when you take the knitting off it will roll up into a tube. You have to sew the ends to another piece to make it lay flat. if one of the needles bend it will start to miss stitches.

I found a brand new one at Salvation Army for $7.00 but haven't gotten up the nerve to try it yet. You also could try Craigslist.

Thanks to all that have replied to my post, moonlady , you are so lucky! I have been checking mine quite often, we have a Sherriff's youth mart and a Salvation Army thrift shop where I live, I check it often and usually end up finding something useful there even if it isn't the knitting machine! leekelly or MCW, if you still have your machine and don't want them, would one of you be willing to part with yours? I still want to try it out, I've talked to several that just love the machine and still want one. So if you want to get rid of it, here I am, please let me know! Thanks again for your feedback!

In case you didn't know, machine knitting will roll up because of the nature of the knit. I know nothing about the Bond machine, but I have several low end flat bed metal knitting machines and just love them. I do mostly flat work, afghans, scarves, etc. They must be steamed flat as do all garments that come from the machines. Go on ebay and find a real cheap one and try it out. Make some yarn strips and count the rows. Keep making them till they are wide enough to sew together for an afghan. Then go on ebay and try to find a metal one. It will cost more, but really worth the money. I now have a used Brother, bulky machine with a computer memory for a few hundred patterns. I also have a standard machine. It uses fine cone yarn. I love the machines. I have made over 55 afghan in the past few years.

January 7, 2012 Flag

Does anyone own one of these? Does it produce a quality, hand made product? I've been debating about getting one of these for years and I can't decide.

Thanks.

By Mindy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have one and I love it. You should have some experience in regular knitting though. It goes real fast and I haven't completed any sweaters yet, just scarves and test pieces. The How-To video that comes with it is very helpful. It shows you everything and you can replay it as many times as you want, which I have done.

machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine
Crafts KnittingJanuary 30, 2011
Cardigan made from altering a sweater.
Make a Cardigan From a Sweater
Purse from an Old Sweater
Making a Sweater Purse or Bag
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🎉
🎄