Water and Pennies Home Remedy for Flies

I was reading on T/F about a remedy for deterring flies using pennies, basil, and water in a Ziploc bag. How does this work and would it work indoors? Many thanks. Helen xxx

By Helen from United Kingdom

Answers

I have seen this in many different forms, the most popular of these being the mason jar of water with aluminum foil floating in it. I have seen the baggies with the pennies. The idea behind this is the difference in light vibration and waves or refraction. Here is some more info. http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/water-bags-repel-flies.htm

I have been in a restaurant that had jars of tin foil all over the place on each table. Also these kept flies off of a neighbor's porch one summer. As for really knowing why, we can only guess!

Blessings,

Robyn

House Fly
Getting Rid of House Flies
Home and Garden Pest Control FliesMay 11, 2011
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎄