Sanding Tips

We have a lot of sanding to do in our basement, any hints on getting it done faster and not having such a mess!

Jill from MN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Well I used to sell sandpaper, however, your question is too general to answer. What are you sanding? wood? metal? fiberglass? removing rust, paint? What kind of a finish are you looking for? Are you planning on using a machine or sand by hand to accomplish your project. Please give more specifics.

What type of surface are you sanding? When we refinished a house we lived in a LONG time ago we had to sheet roc the whole house.. After one day of mess and sneezing we opted to use a damp spong to smooth out the rough areas. It looked professional. And it was ALOT less messy.

Not sure what you need to sand but I recently was given a Microplane Stainless Steel Discs at a trade show and tried it out and it really cut down the sanding time, not too mention I didn't need to change out like tradiditional sandpaper. I ony used the medium but I think they have other grits too.

Sanding Away Scott

Man Sanding Wood
Sanding Tips
Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsJanuary 3, 2007
Guide
A cheese grater and a pile of grated cheese.
Cleaning a Cheese Grater
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:45:53 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.