Use T-Shirts as Car Seat Covers

With several dogs in and out of my car several times a week, or daily, I needed something to protect the front seats from their rubbing fur and other stuff onto the upholstery. Seat covers were absurdly expensive so I now use the cheapest t-shirts I can find or use old ones. I found that sleeveless is best, and either dark colors or festive ones that just need to be washed more often. I use old bath mats for the seats in front (have found great ones at our local dump), and the back sports an old bedspread or blanket that's tucked in here and there.

By NH Veggie lover from Thornton, NH

That's an idea with the t-shirts on the seats. There is always an old one somewhere in the house to use. It's a pain to keep the dog hair out of the carpet in the car. Appreciate the tip.

How do you keep the blanket from falling down off the back seat?

I have been using T shirts on the front seats for two years. Just tuck the sleeves inside out. These are fantastic, they're snug but easy to whip off to wash. Back seat I used a stretchy fitted bed sheet which clings to the seat fabric, never moves. Again, easy to remove.

Me too! We are frugal people. The stretchy sheet on the back seat is a gem, and I put a layer of heavy towel or piece of old blanket under it... mud y'know.

This worked so awesome for me!!

Homemade Car Seat Covers
Pets Dogs AdviceJune 10, 2009
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Car Seat Belt
Cleaning Car Seat Belts
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Infant car seat.
Car Seat Safety
🎉
🎄