Easy Curtains

Easy yet elegant curtains

Approximate Time: 3 hours

• fabric of your choice
  • tread to match fabric
  • sewing machine
  • trim to compliment fabric

1. Measure your window/windows. Purchase fabric to fit the window width and length.
  2. Use contrasting colors to make your window covering interesting. Use the same color of fabric on sides to tie the top of the curtain. This will provide contrast and make them stand out. Then use trim that matches the top part of the curtain.
  3. The curtains I made used a 3 inch rod. I hemmed the material to allow for 3 1/2 inches. I allowed enough fabric to make a slight ruffle at the top. Too much ruffle will cause the curtains to bunch up and they will not hang properly. Make them a length that you will feel comfortable with.

For the sides, I used a contrasting color. I used fabric that would fit the length of the window after hemming. I hemmed all sides of this fabric then used safety pins to hang them from the top corners of the top curtain and used the same trim that I attached to the tie at the top to gather the top ends.

These are very easy to make and my parents "whom I made them for" love them!

By Jean from Forest Lake MN

These are very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely beautiful. I am in awe.

These look great. Thanks for the wonderful idea too. :-)

I lived in an apartment. So I really couldn't do window treatments but I made Miracles happen with 2 medium sized nails! It was a large picture window. But I used a sheet like fabric. It was floral so it really had a dramatic touch! And I used pretty much the same shape window treatment.

Frugal Window Treatment
Frugal Window Curtains
Crafts Home DecorAugust 28, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
🎄
🍂