Aromatherapy for Dogs

Any suggestions on what essential oils are good for a dog? For example: odor, insect repellent, air refresher, etc.?

Yaku from HK

Tea Tree Oil is the best for skin irratationa, odor, and I believe earmites/ticks (there is a related post on homemade pet meds) Be sure to water it down, as it can be potendt. Garlic and Brewer's yeast mixed in food and homemade biscuits are great in repelliing mosquitoes and fleas!

I have mixed Young Living's Purification blend with vegetable oil and put it on my pups to keep the mosquitoes off (and they smell lemon fresh too!) Also, if your pet is arthritic or has an injury, diluted PanAway works great on their paws too. In most cases, if it is beneficial to a human, it must be diluted and it can be beneficial for the pet as well. Just be careful as some can be toxic (besides chocolate, did you know grapes are dangerous for dogs?) Lavender is good for skin irritations. Sometimes when I put an oil blend on, my pug will rub himself all over me, like dog-nip? I'm not sure what it is but he loves it!

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 10, 2006
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Cat Food
Is Cat Food OK for Dogs?
A dog sitting in a garden.
Keeping Dogs Out of Your Garden
🎄
🍂