Craft Project: Tiling With Foam Craft Sheets
Using easy to cut foam craft sheets, you can make and decorate cans, boxes, lamps, etc.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- foamie sheets
- Tacky glue
- craft knife/box cutter
- regular un-sanded grout
- grout knife or spreader
- various miscellaneous tools
- Cut foam sheets into 1/2 inch squares. Use the ruler and carefully cut a piece of foam into half inch strips, then turn strips and cut into 1/2 inch squares.
- Glue squares and any lettering or artwork unto a recycled tin can.
- After drying overnight, grout the gaps with the plain, white, un-sanded grout.
- Clean up any grout left on the "tiles" so that you have only the foam squares and grout lines showing.
- Use a water based varnish or coating, seal the grout and tiles with 2 or more coats.
Use cans as pencil holders, brush caddies, or other office/craft supplies. Small boxes can be covered to look like ceramic planters to hold plants and or flowers.
By Creativeman from Chatsworth, CA
April 15, 20100 found this helpful
Great idea, and I'm sure it wouldn't be as heavy as using real tiles. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 3:36:15 PM on 10.0.2.91 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us