Using easy to cut foam craft sheets, you can make and decorate cans, boxes, lamps, etc.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- foamie sheets
- Tacky glue
- craft knife/box cutter
- regular un-sanded grout
- grout knife or spreader
- various miscellaneous tools
- Cut foam sheets into 1/2 inch squares. Use the ruler and carefully cut a piece of foam into half inch strips, then turn strips and cut into 1/2 inch squares.
- Glue squares and any lettering or artwork unto a recycled tin can.
- After drying overnight, grout the gaps with the plain, white, un-sanded grout.
- Clean up any grout left on the "tiles" so that you have only the foam squares and grout lines showing.
- Use a water based varnish or coating, seal the grout and tiles with 2 or more coats.
Use cans as pencil holders, brush caddies, or other office/craft supplies. Small boxes can be covered to look like ceramic planters to hold plants and or flowers.
By Creativeman from Chatsworth, CA