New Way For Making Rice Crispie Treats

I have been making rice crispies treats a long time. This morning (it's 5 a.m. here) was no exception. I melted the butter, put the marshmallows in, let them melt. In the meantime I poured the rice crispies into a metal bowl and set aside. I stirred the marshmallows until melted and than here's what I did different. I poured the melted marshmallow/butter mixture over the top of the rice crispies that were in the metal bowl.

Then I went and put hot soapy water into the pan that I melted the marshmallows in and came back to my metal bowl and wallah! the melted marshmallows did most of the work for me, it had run down into the crispies. Because it was a metal bowl it stayed warm for me to do a final stir and pouring the mixture into a cake pan was a breeze.

By Laurie from Watertown SD

Why not put the rice crispies into the pan you will be making them in (greased already, of course) and then drizzle the melted marshmellows and butter over it, mix and pat flat. This is how I do it as it eliminates 1 pan to clean and I guess I am lazy.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 13, 2006
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Rice Krispies Treats
Rice Krispies Treat Tips and Tricks
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
🎄