Repairing a Ripped Fitted Sheet

Over the past 5 years I have enjoyed the "luxury" of Egyptian cotton bed sheets. I have always bought them on sale, but they are still not a cheap item. The fitted bottom sheet has ripped and is a bit on the thin side. (My husband's side of the bed of course.) The rest of the sheet (3 years old at least) is still in fantastic condition.

I don't want to throw it out and wonder if a patch would be uncomfortable. I would love to hear from any of you clever people out there with any suggestions.

By hyslop from New Zealand

Best Answer

I think you can put a patch on it, but use soft material and place it on the underside of the sheet. The secure it by sewing over the hole and patch in multiple rows (over the rip) so that the rip is securely held. That's one idea.

Best Answer

Ok girl, just last month, I had the same problem. So I looked in my sewing box and found a big size iron on patch. Flipped that sheet over to the wrong side, ironed it on and it's now on my bed. No problem at all! Good luck with yours!

I suggest to put iron on patches on sheets, good luck.

I am cutting up the torn/worn out sheet and making pillow cases. Unfortunately, I have had no luck trying to repair or patch expensive luxury sheets once worn out.

My grandmother used a French seam on sheets. No raw edges.

Elastic
Repairing the Elastic on Fitted Sheets
Crafts SewingOctober 2, 2009
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Window Shades
Repairing Window Shades
Tablecloth
Making a Fitted Tablecloth
🎉
🎄