Restoring Color to Bleached Clothing

I accidentally bleached my green sweatpants and they turned yellow. How do I dye them green again? I have tried the Rit Stain Remover. It only lightened the green and the yellow is still there.

By Pam from McDonough, GA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't know that you will be able to completely get them the same color. For some reason bleached areas don't seem to take color real well. I know there have been times that I have got a spot of bleach on something and used a permanent marker in the same color or real close to the some color and saturated the spot so that the marker color went through to the inside, then the next time I washed the item the marker faded out to where it wasn't hardly there or gone completely. Your best bet might be to use some more bleach in the areas that remained green to try and give them the popular tie-dyed look, that is so popular right now.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingDecember 15, 2009
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
3 cats on a leather couch
Leather Couch Bleached By Cat Urine
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:05:11 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.